Family

*Kaydence's POV*

I went back to my dorm and locked the door. I started to cry as I slid down the door. I didn't know what to do. I called my mom. It took a few rings and then she answered. "He-," her cheery voice quickly changed as she realized I was sobbing, "Hey, hey. What's going on?? Talk to me."
"I s-saw th-them. An-and Kris. I d-didn't te-tell you," I cried, stuttering my words from crying.
"Oh," she sighed.
"I co-couldn't talk t-to the-them though. I ra-ran out wh-when I saw them," I cried to her.
"Oh," she said again, "Listen sweetie. If you're ready to meet them you can okay? If they are ready too. I just don't want you to forget something okay?" She paused. I sniffled and waited for her to go on. "Don't forget about us. We love you unconditionally. Blood or not you are our daughter okay?" she sighed.
"Mom," I cried even harder, "I wont. You are my family they gave me up."
"Oh honey," she sighed. I just cried into my knees. It was all sinking in at once. The woman who gave birth to me didn't want me anymore. She just tossed me away and lived her life like I never existed. "Calm down," she told me, "It doesn't matter what happened okay? You are OUR daughter. You are loved by us okay? You are loved by your brother and sister. You aren't blood no, but you are still every bit of our family as everyone else okay?" she told me. Her voice and her words started to calm me down. The tears started to dry up and my sobs got quitter. "It's going to be okay," she told me, "Nikki and I both made it a deal that if some day you and Kris find your way to each other so be it. We weren't going to force you two together but twins are twin and you two found each other. Just because he is your brother doesn't mean you need to go to that family okay? You don't need to meet them if you don't want to."
"Okay," I nodded, "Thank you."
"I love you," she told me.
"I love you too," we hung up and I stood up off the floor. I wiped my eyes dry and went and laid in bed. I turned my phone on do not disturb and turned some TV. I knew they were going to blow my phone up after the game and I honestly didn't want to talk to them right now...