Weekend

*Kaydence's POV*

As the weeks went on, the more dates we had. We went to a really good Chinese buffet one day. The next he took me to the beach where we just walked along the shore at sundown. From there it was picnics in the park and lunch dates to Taco Bell and In-And-Out. Things were going well. In secret. We never told Kris, we never told Cleo or Bea. It was our thing. Our secret.

I was staying at Kris's for the weekend cause he insisted on it. He had a game on Sunday and he wanted me to come watch. I guess his parents were going to be there, well my birth parents. I haven't told my foster parents yet that I knew. I didn't know how to tell them. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go on Sunday. I don't know if I want to see my birth parents. They gave me up like I was nothing to them...

"You okay?" Kris asked, "You got quiet."
"No I'm good," I laughed, "I spaced out." I lied. I wasn't alright. I was mad and sad and, and frustrated. I wasn't going to tell him that. I know he wanted me to meet them, he wanted things to be a "family" again. I had a family though. They might've not gave birth to me but they were my family. "So you tryna get your ass beat in 2K?" Jaylen brought up.
"Me?" I looked at him, raising my brows.
"Yeah you short stuff," he smirked cockily at me.
"The only person that's getting their ass beat you," I told him. I grabbed the controller off the coffee table and Jaylen got it set up. We started to play and we were both yelling at each other while playing. It was very competitive. "Anddd a three fuck yeah!!" I yelled as the TV made a buzzer noise and the game ended. I won by one point. "Fuck yeah!" I looked at Jaylen, "Who got their ass beat??" I asked. He just shook his head. I laughed. "Who??" I taunted, "You that's damn right."
"Y'all are so cute," Bea jumped in.
"No, no, no," Kris stopped that right away, "That's what's not going to happen!"
"What?" I laughed.
"You two," he told me, he put his phone down and everything to make sure we got the point... "Okay," Jaylen laughed, shaking his head, "Who said it was ever a thing?"
"Yeah," I shrugged.
"Just saying," he looked at the both of us. I laughed a little bit and handed the controller to Kris for him to play. If only he knew.