Chapter 9

Paul stood up, and flung the seat he sat in back across the aisle. It clashed with the desk on the other side. Then, he looped his fingers into his waistband stood next to the boy. "How about I swap seats with you?"

"I'm fine, thank you." The fella adjusted his glasses and looked down at his textbooks.

"How about I pay you?" Paul asked and he looked up at him.

"I don't need your sorry money." The boy answered and Paul rose his eyebrows. He tried to hold back his smile as he squeezed the bridge of his nose.

"Hey, hey." Paul said as he picked up the boy's book.

"Can— can I have that back, sir?" He asked nervously.

"How about I do you a big favor for that seat?" Paul asked the boy.

"I don't need a favor, I just need my book back." The boy said to him. Paul leaned down closer to the guy and looked into his eyes.

He managed to be seductive to both of the sexes, which led him to easily getting what he wanted.

"How about I get you a little spot on the football team? We're already in the season— but I'm sure we could fit in one more person." Paul said in a low, sultry voice.

"You'd be able to do that?" The boy asked. "Well... I've never played football."

"Oh come on, don't joke like that. You'd be great!" Paul said as he slapped the boy's arm. The boy winced and held where Paul slapped, and Paul looked to me and rubbed his brow.

I was smiling now, and that amped up Paul to continue.

"I'll get you a spot on the team if you give me your spot in this seat next to this lovely lady." Paul told the boy. "What's your name?"

"Jimmy Greene." The boy looked to me, then looked back to Paul. "Can I have my textbook and a football team spot?"

"Sure, kid." Paul said as he tossed the book toward him. The boy huffed as he caught the book against his chest, then awkwardly stood up from his seat and sat next to Myrtle.

After sitting next to Myrtle, he smiled and wiggled his eyebrows. Myrtle rolled her eyes and looked in the other direction.

Paul pulled the collar of the jacket he wore, then straightened out the sleeves. After shrugging his shoulders to fix his jacket arrogantly, he sat next to me.

"So, look where we are. You and I, the beautiful view of the blackboard in front of us." Paul smoothly joked. "Say, what class is this anyway?"

"Biology." I answered and his eyes widened.

He sat forward in his seat. "Yeah, I can do biology."

"Can you?" I asked with a risen brow. I smiled slightly as I spoke to him, it was sweet of him to do all of this just to speak to me.

"Yeah, I know all about your foot bone and your funny bone, and your heart bone." Paul shrugged and I laughed out. He smiled at me, then touched my chin.

"That's what I like to see." He said honestly.

Professor Zimmerman entered the classroom in his tweed blazer, plaid bow tie and brown leather briefcase in hand. He stood at the front of the class between his desk and his blackboard, and didn't care to look up at anyone. He had the most irritating mustache above his lip, and all I wanted to do was take a razor and shave it off.