Chapter 32

"So, Paul sent you here?" Marlon asked as we sat on couches on opposite ends. "Why are your clothes off, is he fucking you?"

I blinked at his language, he didn't even know me yet he's swearing in front of me. I tugged at the wrap around hotel robe I was wearing. "No, he isn't fucking me." I lied, I knew Paul had it in mind to sleep with me in this hotel room. "But he did send me here."

"And how do I know you actually know him? How do I even know you went to Ken-whatever-the-hell-it-is College at all?" Marlon asked me. I rolled my eyes and stood up, walking to my suitcase that had a mess of clothes around it.

Then, I picked up one of Paul's letters, walked back over to Marlon and held it out to him. He rose a brow as he looked down at the letter, then back up to me. Then, his fingers gripped around the envelope as he took it out of my hand.

Then he held my hand in his and placed a soft kiss on it. My cheeks got warm at his flirtatious behavior, but I made myself seem annoyed by him on the outside.

After taking the envelope out of my hand, he slid the paper out and unfolded it. His eyes skimmed the page, then a mischievous smile spread across it. "He was writing all of this to you? You guys must've laid, relaid and parlayed all the damn time."

My cheeks got hot as I grabbed the paper from him. I looked down at the letter, then folded it up.

"Say, did he trim ya? I heard Paul never liked going down south." Marlon asked me bluntly. He obviously was just trying to get a reaction out of me, which I refused to give to him.

I sat in front of him and crossed my leg. Then, I looked down at my robe and pulled the fabric over my leg.  "So I told you why I'm here. If your last name is Brando, why are you in the Dubois family hotel suite?"

"I told you, I'm Paul's friend." Marlon shrugged. "Not that bitch, Essie, though. She gives me a damn migraine."

I pierced my lips, trying not to smirk. He grinned up at me, noticing my subtle reaction.

"Well, I'm here because Paul gave me a copy of the key. I use this place sometimes to entertain... friends of mine. I'm surprised you haven't recognized me yet." Marlon nodded.

"Pardon me? Have we met before?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"Come on, you don't recognize me?" Marlon smiled as he pointed at his fact. Then, he cleared his throat and stood up. He looked up at the ceiling blankly, the immediately dropped to his knees on the floor.

"Stella!" He shouted out with his hands on his cheeks. I looked at him with widened eyes as I sat back on the couch.

"Recognize me now?" He asked. I shook my head no, he tilted his head as he rolled his eyes. After standing up, he stuffed his hand into his pocket.

"Well you're sure to recognize me after this next film I'm doing. It's all about that rebellious teeny-bopper shit that Hollywood is looking for at the moment." Marlon waved his hand as he sat back down on the couch. He rested his arm on the back of the couch seat.

"Are you an actor...?" I asked as I squinted an eye.

"No, I'm a zookeeper." Marlon answered sarcastically. He leaned forward. "Of course I'm a goddamn actor, come on, baby, get with it."

"I'm with it." I defensively told him. He stared me down as he sat up straight. "What?"

"I'm reading you." He answered. "And I can tell you're real straight, that's all. Not that it's an issue, but you seem like a good girl who doesn't get around much."

"What do you mean by get around?" I asked curiously. Marlon seemed to be the polar opposite from Paul. His wit was more mature and dirtier, he seemed like he was always undressing you with his eyes.

"I mean that you don't drink, you don't smoke, you dress appropriately, you went to school, you're a straight A student and you've only slept with one guy." Marlon rambled on. I looked at him with widened eyes, everything he guessed was correct.

"And the only guy you've smacked is Paul." Marlon assumed in a mumbling voice. I gasped at his comment.

"Now that's not true." I pointed at him and he placed his hand on his chest.

"Fine, Paul had someone else join in one time because that's his kink." He corrected himself. How well did he know Paul?

"You know what... wait— how would you know that?" I asked in confusion.

"Does he eat you or what?" Marlon asked randomly as he sat back in his seat.

"Come again?" I asked him to repeat it, I could've believe my ears.

"When you had sex, he didn't go south, did he? He never does on a lady." Marlon laughed. "Well maybe he did on you, in those letters he seemed to really be into you."

"This has been wonderful, but I've had a long day and I'd prefer to be left alone to sleep." I stood up. 

Marlon looked around the room as he lounged on the couch, then back at me. "Oh, did I not tell you why I was here today?"

"Let me guess, you were about to fuck that girl." I rolled my eyes with my hand on my hip. Marlon chuckled as he stood up. He walked up and stood right in front of me so we were face to face.

"I like your spunk." He said in a sultry voice. "But no, that's not what happened. Well, that's not all that happened."

"Then what's the deal?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, the deal is that I'm sort of homeless." Marlon answered as he picked up the belt to my robe between his fingers. I swatted his hand away. "I live here."

"I thought you said you use this place sometimes?" I asked in a horrified voice.

"That was then..." He exhaled, then lifted his legs up onto the coffee table in front of us. "...And this is now. Paul doesn't exactly know I've been using this place like I have." Marlon said. I was so shocked, I couldn't pull myself together. This was the only place I had to stay.

"You know, it's funny, cause this place belongs to his girl's family yet I'm using it. They never even come by so I say someone should use it." Marlon shrugged.

"You can't be serious." I asked in a breathless voice.

"Oh, but I am." Marlon touched my chin with his finger as he smirked. "Follow me."