Chapter 13

"Alright come on." I whispered as Paul followed close behind me down the hall. He occasionally would place his hand on my hip as we tried to escape the house without people seeing him.

"Why don't you want to sleep with me, Liz?" Paul asked quietly and I glared at him. One of his eyebrows were risen as he waited for me to answer.

"Can't you ask me that outside?" I asked and he held onto my waist from behind with both of his large hands.

"We've been alone a few times now and you're distant." Paul mumbled as he nuzzled his face into my neck. "You go pretty far, but never all the way Liz, it's killing me."

I rolled my eyes as we both walked down the steps. I opened the door so that Paul could sneak out. Before I could close the door, he took my hand and brought me out with him.

"Come on, Liz, talk to me." Paul said, pulling me so that I pushed against his chest and placing both of his hands on my ass. "What's wrong?"

"I like to wait— that's all." I told him as I looked into his blue eyes. His hair was a mess from what we did upstairs, and his eyes sparkled from the front door light.

"Are you...?" Paul began and then stopped himself. "Never mind."

"Ask me." I squeezed his arm, and his hand cupped more around my ass.

"When I first began doing this with you, I thought you were just shy." Paul explained. "But now I'm starting to think... well— are you a virgin?"

I didn't answer, but by the look in my eyes Paul understood the answer was yes. I feared that he'd view me differently if I told him I was a virgin, and I didn't want to give it away so easily.

"That's fine, I just wanted to know." Paul shrugged and brought me closer, placing his hands on my waist. "Liz, we can do it anytime you want."

"How do you know you'll get to do it?" I smirked up at him and he huffed.

"I guess I don't." He answered with a smile. Then he kissed my forehead and lifted my chin so he could kiss my lips. His lips were always soft and he always kissed tenderly. It was hard to believe this was the joker of the class.

"I want you to have it, Paul." I told him quietly. "Just at the right time."

"Don't sweat it, baby." Paul answered as he brushed my cheek with his thumb. "You call the shots."

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck. Suddenly, I thought of a sad thought which made me pout. "What's going to happen when you graduate?"

"I'll probably play football. Go wherever my team is playing." Paul shrugged. "Maybe get married." He said and grabbed my ass with both hands and pulled them up.

"Maybe? You're not the married man type?" I asked him with my head cocked to the side.

"I don't know what I am yet, I'm only 23. All I know is that I want to continue on in football." Paul laughed and I nodded.

"Understood." I touched the dimple in his chin. "Will you go slow?"

"What?" Paul asked with furrowed eyebrows. "You can't go slow in football."

I gave him a look and he laughed after realizing what I meant. He hugged me and lowered his lips to my ear. "I'll do it just the way you want it, Liz."

"I want you so badly Paul." I exhaled into his ear and his large hands squeezed and groped my waist.

"Trust me, I want you more." He chuckled, then wrapped his hand around my neck. He kissed my neck slowly and then gave it a small lick.

"You have to get going." I exhaled. "People are asleep but someone might see you nonetheless."

His hand reached down to my ass under my skirt as he held me close. He rubbed my ass under my slip dress. "I don't want to go."

"So then don't." I exhaled, holding onto him tighter as if that was going to prevent him from leaving.

"I have a football game tomorrow." He groaned and wrapped his lips around my ear lobe.

"I thought you were suspended?" I asked him and he grinned shaking his head next to my ear.

"I still have to show up to every game." Paul said as his large hand continued to make circles on my ass. "I just have to sit out."

"Well did I tell you I might join the spirit squad?" I smiled up at him, and he didn't seem enthusiastic.

"What?" I asked with a pout. He looked up at the sky, looking for the right words.

"Those spirit squad girls aren't going to be anything." He said to me. "They all drink and smoke and get into trouble."

"And who says I can't drink and smoke and get into trouble?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. I felt it was bold of him to constantly assume what I do and don't do.

"Because you're an angel, Liz." He giggled as he rubbed my back. "You're not like those other girls."

"That sounds sweet but I'm serious, Paul. I can get out," I told him and he slowly shook his head as he smiled down at me.

"You're straight, Liz, you follow the rules. You're not gonna be out there like how I am." He told me. "Now I'm gonna make sure you get inside that house safely, and then I'm gonna head down to the bar."

"Take me to the bar." I proposed and he laughed and smacked my ass.

"You know you wouldn't last a second in any bar. Especially not that bar." Paul squinted down at me.

"Try me." I lifted my chin up at him as I gave him a wife smile. He looked out and thought about it, rubbing my body as he did it.

"Fine." He sighed down at me. "Let's go."

I cheered excitedly, releasing myself from his grip and clapping. He rose a brow at me, already regretting his decision.

"I'll get that red dress." I smiled as I headed toward the door, but he pulled my hand.

"Oh no, you don't." He mumbled and pulled me close to him. "There'll be all types of guys there with only one thing on their mind. You wear anything but that dress."

"The dress isn't that sexy." I playfully protested with a smile.

"It got me, didn't it?" He grinned. I rolled my eyes and headed toward the house. He tried to smack my ass once again, and I squealed with a life dodging away from his hand.

"Come out soon!" He shouted out at me.

"Shhh you're gonna wake everyone up!" I told him as I walked into the house. I ran upstairs to my room immediately and peaked out my window.

Paul was downstairs lighting a cigarette as he stood on the grass, then blew his smoke sexily into the air.

I definitely liked where my relationship was going with Paul, but I wasn't sure what we were yet. I was afraid to see where it would go and I was even more worried about where Paul would go.

Paul didn't seem to have much of a plan for life. Football seemed to be a far-fetched dream, Paul seemed like he'd end up being a bum. That was something I didn't want to be attached to.

But I figured for that moment in time it was good. I would give him a chance, after all, we all know he'd end up being great.