𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 | 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑝ℎ

Underlined is English
Italic is thoughts
3rd POV

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

With everything, there is a story. And one noticeable part between Chan and Serenity was a set of promise rings that the two wore, each on their left index finger. Fans have picked up on it, as the two always wear the ring. So one day they were asked about it during a vlive.

"Come to think of it, you guys never told us why you have promise rings. Why is that?" Felix said.

"It's a bit of a long story...."

..................................

Serenity was sitting on the floor of the small practice room, which was almost always empty. Panting, she closed her eyes. Her hair was falling out of the ponytail and her head was in her hands. Tears spilled out of her eyes.

You aren't good enough

I can't even fit in with the other female trainees

I am never going to debut

I should just give up

What was I thinking

Stupid

Idiot

Ugly

"Sen-Sen?"

The door cracked open to reveal the only person Serenity had really befriended, Chan. They had known each other for 3 years now.

"Oh my god Serenity." Chan said shutting the door behind him and running over to Serenity and pulling her tightly into an embrace.

This made Serenity release all of her frustration and feeling by crying even more.

"Shh. It's okay. I've got you." Chan said, rubbing her back and playing with her hair, knowing that it would calm her down.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" Chan asked as Serenity stopped audibly crying.

"It's just... the voices are so hard to control." Serenity said quietly.

Chan felt his heart break. He hated that Serenity suffered when she hadn't done anything. He hated that he couldn't take the pain away.

"I'm trying, but the more I push away, it comes back worse." Serenity said, her voice and breathing slowly coming back to normal.

"It also doesn't help what happened recently." Serenity practiclly whispered.

"What happened?" Chan asked, even more nervous.

"My older twin sister, Cheng Xiao just got into JYP as well. She's trying to repair our relationship, which I'm okay with. She didn't do anything wrong. It's just... I overheard her on the phone with... o- our parents. They... They were congratulating her for getting into JYP." Serenity said, getting close to another break down.

"They never congratulated me."

Serenity fully broke down.

They sat there for minutes, or maybe even an hour, they didn't know. Serenity just crying and huddled up against Chan, and Chan holding Serenity tight against him and rubbing circles on her back and slowly running his hands through her hair.

"I'm sorry for breaking down in front of Chan, I probably just wasted a bunch of your time-" Serenity said pulling away from Chan.

Chan put a finger on Serenity's lips. "No. Serenity, you didn't waste my time, you are on my main priorities. I came to tell you good news and check on you." He said, putting the finger down.

"What was the news?" Serenity said, now relieved from her pent up troubles.

"You know how you and I have been writing our own music together for the last little while?"

"Yeah?"

"JYP said he wants us to opperate as a group together. We are still counted as trainees, because we will only release digtial music, and we won't show our faces, but it's still a set up! And we can decide practically everything, we just have to pass it off to the company before it's released." Chan said with a smile.

"Really? I mean I understand you but.... why me?" Serenity said looking at the floor.

"Serenity listen to me. You are talented, kind, beautiful, and I'm so lucky I have you in my life. I don't know what I would do without you." Chan said cupping her face in his hands.

Serenity put her hands on Chan's and smiled. "Thank you Chris. I don't know what I would do without you either."

"Promise me you'll always be there?" Chan said, pulling his hands off of Serenity's face.

"Do you promise as well?" Serenity said.

"I promise." Chan said.

"I promise you as well." Serenity said.

..........................

"So in spite of Chan and I unofficially debuting in X2 as CB97 and SZ98, I made us matching promise rings with the help of my family friend. We each had something engraved in it so we don't mix up our rings." Serenity explained, taking off her ring and showing it to the camera, which Chan copied.

"What does yours say noona?" Minho questioned.

"SZ98, which is my stage name from X2, and then 2010-, representing when we met, and our promise to each other, to always be there for each other." Serenity said.

"Mine is the same, except mine says CB97, which is my X2 & 3RACHA stage name." Chan said.

"That's so adorable hyung and noona." Seungmin said.

"I think Seungmin is malfunctioning, he actually complimented a hyung." Jeongin smirked.

"That's because it has to do with noona."

"Yah!"