Christmas Special/Meeting Your Family

A/N: There's a lot of stuttering, so much that it could be hard to read so I put what it says in parentheses next to the sentences with the major stuttering(and the words pushed together).

Toby's stutter and nervous ticks were even worse than normal. You glanced over at him in concern. The cause of this was Christmas. 'Why is Christmas a problem,' you may ask. Well, Christmas isn't the problem—It's what's happening on Christmas. Your family is coming over for Christmas dinner—that your hosting—and they're basically forcing you to bring Toby to the dinner so they can meet him.

(A/N: In this you're gonna have an older brother and younger sister. If you don't have either, you can put your friends' names in the (B/n)[brother's name] and (S/n)[sister's name].)

So here you are, patiently waiting on your family to arrive while you cooked and Toby sat with wrecked nerves. "Are you sure you're okay?", You asked as you looked at him with concern. "Y–Y–Ye—*tic*—Y–Yes–s," He twitched uncomfortably.("Yes.") "You seem... Uh, really nervous..?", You trailed off as his tics and twitches escalated when you pointed it out.
"I–I—*tic*—I c–c–can–n't d–do–o th–th—*tic**twitch*—is!", He exclaimed as his twitching increased.("I can't do this!") He stuttered so bad that you could barely understand what he said. "Th–Th–They—*twitch*—They wo–won—*tic*—won't like–ike m–me!" You quickly stopped and rushed over to him as he twitched violently.("They won't like me!") "They–They'll m–make—*tic**twitch*—f–f–fun of m–m–m–me!", He panicked.("They'll make fun of me!")
You gently pushed his head to your chest as you pulled him into a loving hug. You shushed his worried thoughts. "No, no, Honey! They'll absolutely love you!", You cooed, "You're too adorable not to like!" You hugged him close. He hesitantly wrapped his arms sound you, as he snuggled his face in your chest—the gesture made you blush.
     You pulled away, "You okay now?" He nodded letting out a small breath. You offered a small smile, which he returned. "We can't have waffles for Christmas dinner, but I can make Pancake Waffle Cupcakes with Maple Frosting(pic above); what do ya say?" "Yes!"
     You smiled at his excited answer. Just then, the doorbell rang. "Toby, can you watch the food while I get that?" He nodded and stared intently at the food from his seat as you went to answer the door. When you opened the door you were smooshed into a bone-crushing hug from your mother as she was yelling incoherently in excitement,
"OHITSSOGOODTOSEEYOU! IVEMISSEDMYBABYGIRL! HOWAREYOUDOING!? WHERESTHISBOYFRIENDOFYOURS! OHICANTWAITTOMEETHIM!" ("Oh, it's so good to see you! I've missed my baby girl! How are you doing!? Where's this boyfriend of yours!? Oh, I can't wait to meet him!")
You tapped her arm repeatedly as a sign that you couldn't breathe. Your father laughed nervously as he pulled you out of her grasp, "I'm pretty sure she needs to breathe too, Sweetheart..." She laughs, "Ohoho! Right. I must've been squeezing you to death!" You laughed nervously as you nodded slowly. "Oh! Honey, you should go help (B/n) with the bags!", she told your father.
You looked her, "Eh—Bags?" She smiled brightly as she nodded. "Yes, bags. Presents?" "Oh, right," You nodded. "Also—We're staying the entire week," She stated as she walked into the house. "Wha—" A hard smack to your back knocked the breath out of you, interrupting you, "Hey, lil' sis!" It was your brother.
     You coughed, "H–Hey." He was carrying for presents with one arm, the other one had nothing. "Can't wait to meet—what's his name?" You cleared your throat, "Um, Toby." He snickered, "Can't wait to meet 'Um, Toby.'" He laughed as he walked inside. You rolled your eyes at him. So mature of you, (B/n), You thought.
     A scream broke your thoughts. You ran inside, worried. "OHMYGOODNESS! HESSOCUTE!", Your mother squealed as she crushed Toby into a hug. ("Oh my goodness! He's so cute!") You breathed a sigh of relief. Toby looked at you; it being obvious that he was majorly uncomfortable.
     "Mom, I think you're killing him," (B/n) chuckled. She let him go with a small 'oh, right.' She sat down next to him with a smile. "You must be Toby," She grinned. She looked at you and whispered(more like yelled), "You didn't tell me that he was this cute!" You blushed in embarrassment as Toby's face turned a very, very dark shade of red. "Mom!"
     Your father walked in, presents in his arms—so high that you couldn't see his face—with your younger sister following close behind him carrying a large carrot cake and a lidded bowl with, presumably, peppermint fudge. "Thanks for the help, (B/n)!", Both your sister and father shouted sarcastically. He grinned in response, putting his fists on his hips and nodding, "Your welcome!" You facepalmed.
     Your sister set the food down on the counter as your father went to put the presents under(and next to) the tree. "Ooo! (Y/n), this food smells wonderful!", Your mom noted. "Sure does," Your brother agreed as he picked off a piece of the already done ham and ate it; which, indeed, got him smacked by your mother. You snickered at the sight.

*Time-Skip brought to you by Squidward's nose*

     Your sister looked at (B/n) in annoyance, as he had pushed her face into her cupcake—which, ultimately, got him scolded by your mother. Very mature... Very mature, You thought as you stared at him blankly. "So, Toby," Your mom started, catching your attention, "What do you do for a living?" You looked at Toby in concern, not only because you didn't know what he'd say, but because this was the first time he'd have to talk all night. You knew that he was very self-conscious of his stutter, tics, and twitches.
     "W–Well—" Your mother cut him off, "No need to be nervous, Dear." You sighed as Toby twitched slightly. "I–I'm not n–n–nervous..." "Mom, Toby has a stutter," You explained. "Oh." Toby started tapping his fingers on his knee as he nervously twitched. It got a little quieter. "M–m–ma–mayb–be I sh–sh–should g–g–g–go...", Toby said standing up, his insecurities getting the best of him.("Maybe I should go..")
     "No, Toby—" "Oh, Toby, I'm sorry. Did we make you feel bad? I'm sorry. We didn't mean to! We didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable," You mother apologized. "Yeah, Tobster. Why don't you sit down? Finish Christmas with us. You're part of the family now!", Your father encouraged. Toby smiled brightly as he sat down, "O–Okay." You smiled at your family.
     "So, Toby, you never got a chance to answer my wife's question. What do you do for a living?", Your father asked once again. Toby smiled politely. "O–Oh. Uh, I—" You interrupted Toby, "Hey! How about presents?" "Oh, hell yeah," (S/n) yelled as she jumped up and ran to the living room. You and your mother laughed.
     "But—", Your father started. "PRESENTS!", (S/n) yelled, interrupting him. "And she's 16?", You laughed.

*Time-Skip brought to you by KRUSTY KRAB PIZZA*

     After presents were done being opened and everyone was bloated because of all the food, including desserts and hot chocolate, everyone decided to go to bed. By now everyone was knocked out in their rooms except (B/n) and Toby—who just now headed to their destinations. Toby walked up to your room, placing his hand on the handle before (B/n) called his name. He turned to your brother.
     "My sister really loves you." Toby grinned, "I l–love her too." Your brother's playful smile melted into a serious face, "Good. If you break her heart, I'll break you." And with that, he went into his room. Toby whispered to himself, "I'd never dream of it..." And with that, he was off to bed.