14

Olivia and Camila decided it would be best if Camila just went home and Olivia refused to let her go by herself so the pair were currently lying in Olivia's bed watching "love Simon"

"Olivia can I ask you something?" Camila asked shifting so she was facing Olivia.

"Anything" Olivia replied with a smile.

"Why are you doing this all for me?" Camila asked and Olivia grabbed her hand gently.

"I lost a good friend when I was younger and I vowed to make sure all of my friends were okay so I was left with no regret" Olivia said and Camila smiled.

"But I'm not going anywhere" Camila said and Olivia smiled.

"I know but you never know this might be the last time I hear your voice or the last time we lie in bed and watch movies all day, it could be that last time that we stay up till 4am talking about our plans. It could be the last time that I have you sobbing in my arms or it could be the last time I see you laugh or smile and it could be the last time I look at you and see how lucky I am to have you as a friend because the world is cruel and who knows what will happen" Olivia said and Camila stared at her in complete admiration.

"As long as I have control, I don't plan on leaving" Camila said smiling at Olivia and then shifting again so she's looking at the TV

Olivia looked at Camila for a moment and smiled to herself, she knew she was catching feelings and she knew it would be one sided but she didn't care she loved spending these moments with Camila, they were the best time of day.

Olivia was snapped out of her daydream when she heard her mum shout her downstairs.

Olivia smiled at Camila and they both went downstairs but Olivia never made it fully downstairs as she froze mid step and Camila grabbed her waist so she didn't fall.

"What is he doing here?" Olivia snapped and her mum frowned.

"He's here to see you don't be so rude" her mum replied and Olivia shook her head.

"No he doesn't get to do that, he doesn't know how many nights I sat asking you where's my dad and when is he coming home. I learned to ride my bike on my own he wasn't there either." Olivia began and her mother cut her off.

"He's here now" her mum replied and Olivia shook her head once again.

Camila held Olivia's hand for support.

"I got through my first date without him, my first heartbreak, I learned how to drive all without him I had 13 birthdays without him sending me a card or saying happy birthday. I didn't need him then and I don't need him now" Olivia says squeezing Camila's hand and Camila squeezes back and rubs her thumb across the back of Olivia's hand.

"Olive" her dad began and Olivia interrupted him.

"No! You don't get to call me that, I don't need you, I'm going to get through school, college and my future all without you, I got through my childhood without you. I'm going to have kids and I'm sure as hell going to be a better parent to them than you were to me and there's not a single thing you could teach me about that" Olivia said with her voice breaking towards the end.

Camila held her hand with two hands trying her best to support her but not become involved.

Olivia looked at her dad and a tear ran down her face.

"Why didn't you want me? Why didn't you love me? What did I do to you? Was I that bad a child?" Olivia Said and she slowly began to sob and Camila wrapped her arms around her and Olivia broke down.

"You done nothing wrong I was an awful parent but I'm here now" he said and Olivia scoffed.

"13 birthdays too late" she said storming back upstairs and leaving Camila.

Her dad went to run up after her but Camila stopped him.

"It's not my place but I think you should let her cool off, I'll make sure she's okay" Camila said with a sweet smile.

Olivia's mum and dad both nodded and Camila smiled and ran upstairs. She knocked on Olivia's door before walking in.

"Hey" Camila said climbing into bed next to her and Olivia immediately climbed into Camila's arms.

"He didn't want me" Olivia said and Camila felt her heartache.

"I'm sure he did Olivia" Camila said in attempt to console her.

"I know for a fact he didn't" Olivia said and Camila ran her fingers through Olivia's hair.

"How?" Camila asked.

"I remember we were playing cops and robbers at the park and he pretended to shoot me and we done this thing where we would play dead until mum would arrest him. He covered me with leaves and he grabbed his bag" Olivia said but stopped.

"It's okay I'm here" Camila said holding Olivia tighter.

"He began to leave and I began screaming, I shouted on him I pulled myself from the pile of leaves and watched him get into a car. I chased the car down the street yelling "dad why are you leaving? Can't you see me you can't leave me daddy?" I mean imagine being four and watching your dad leave you" Olivia explained and Camila felt a tear run down her cheek.

"I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, I won't let anyone hurt you.....I promise" Camila said and she looked down and saw Olivia basically asleep.

Camila was dozing off when she heard a knock at the door and then the door opening, she smiled when she saw Olivia's parents walk in.

"How is she?" Her dad whispered.

"She told me the park story so I'm guessing she's not doing so great" Camila said quietly and her dad frowned.

"This is none of your business lady" he spat and Olivia's mum scolded him.

"She's the only one our daughter trusts don't take that away from Olivia too" she snapped back and he sighed.

"Your daughter is my best friend I love her so if you think you get threaten me..... go for it because I'm not going anywhere" Camila snapped back at him and she jumped when she felt Olivia sit up.

"Daddy get out" Olivia said and he froze. "Get out" She repeated herself and he waited for a sec and eventually left.

"I'm so sorry liv" her mum said and left the room.

Olivia flopped back onto Camila.

"If you want to stay at mines that's totally cool" Camila said and Olivia smiled

"That's awesome thankyou" Olivia said smiling widely at Camila