Chapter 41

Anika's POV

Neil (angry) - How could you Ani?

Me (smirking) - I need the 1000rs from you as well now, remember our deal... you won't flirt with Avni... well, you kind of failed...

Neil (upset) - I hate you, man... we were having a moment...

Me (laughing) - Well, you can do it later... now we have a meeting to go to

I turn towards the entrance of the hall room to see an angry Shivay looking at us

I guess, he is getting jealous, oh well, I don't care. Neil who sees me deep in thoughts shakes me.

Neil (whispering in my ear) - Are you thinking about ways to make me and Avni a couple? You are such a nice friend...

I start to laugh at that comment, who does he think I am? I am thinking of my ex-husband... but if I say that to him then his mood will turn bad.

Me (laughing) - I ... am...such... a bad friend then

Before Neil could say anything else, Shivay fakes a cough to gain attention

Shivay (serious look) - Should we start the meeting Anika? And...

Me (serious look) - It's Miss Trivedi for you, Mr Oberoi and that's my boss, Mr Neil Khanna

After Neil shakes hands with me, Shivay forwards his hand to me but I ignore it. I join my two hands together and say 'namaste.' We head towards the meeting room and Neil stands up to start the presentation and then Shivay does his. This presentation is because the companies are thinking to merge. I personally don't want to see Shivay's face every day but I shouldn't mix my personal and professional lives together.

After the Presentation

Neil (smiling) - It was nice doing business with you, Mr Oberoi... the presentation was good but we have to talk to the CEO of the company before we take any decisions...

Neil looks towards me to continue the talk,

Me (fake smiling) - The next meeting will be next week, with the CEO... so if he agrees then we will send you the paperwork before the next meeting... goodbye, Mr Oberoi...

Shivay (smiling) - For now...

Me (fake smiling) - You have so much confidence, Mr Oberoi... let's see if you actually win...

Shivay (smiling) - Shivay Singh Oberoi, never loses a deal... see you next week Ani... I mean Miss Trivedi...

Me (smirking) - You won't see me next week Mr Oberoi, you will meet the CEO or Mr Ritik Trivedi... my brother... and just letting you know that this much confidence isn't good. You may lose the deal.

Neil (shocked) - Ani, it's already late... Ansh must be waiting for you... let's go

Shivay (upset) - An...Ansh... can I ...

Me (angry) - NO!

I leave after flipping my hair while Shivay stares at me with a sad face 

PRETEND HE IS SAD

While Neil looks at me with a surprised face as he has never seen me get angry at a client like that. Well, it's time to tell him that the guy that ruined my life is none other than the Shivay Singh Oberoi. As soon as we get into the car, Neil looks at me with a face full of questions.

Me (smiling) - Ask...

Neil (curious) - First of all, how do you know Shivay? Why were you so cold towards him? And what relation does he have with Ansh?... wait, if Shivay your ex-husband ( I nod), and you were cold towards him because you hate him (I nod at him again)... also he is Ansh's father....

Me (smiling) - BINGO! You are right, he is the one that destroyed my life... but I have decided to keep the relationship professional if bhai decides to marge companies...

Neil (angry) - Why would Ritik (Neil and Ritik are best friends) even do that? He knows how Shivay tortured you and how his stupid brothers tortured your sisters... why would he even want Shivay to work with him?

Me (angry) - I don't like mixing my personal and professional lives and therefore, I have told bhai specifically not to mix it... by merging our companies, it would be very beneficial for us, I don't want the company to suffer due to my personal problem... and I am so done with him, I don't give a damn if he works with us or not because he will never be in my life. Now let's leave, Ansh is waiting.

Precap - Omkara comes to Gauri's art show