Chapter 50

Gauri's POV

I wake up due to my alarm and quickly run to get ready. I decide to wear something traditional knowing that Mr Smith likes girls wearing traditional clothes. As I am applying lipstick, I get a call from Omkara, which I happily pick up.

Me (smiling) - Hello

Omkara - Hey Gauri, could you send me your address? It will be better if we arrive together as a couple in front of Mr Smith... so what do you say?

Me (smiling) - Sure, I will text you the address

Omkara - Sweet, see you in 10 minutes

He ends the call and I send my address to Omkara. As I am applying lipstick, I hear di shouting my name. I quickly, apply the lipstick and I run towards her.

Anika di (smiling) - Chutki, there you are... wow, you look really good... anyway, I wanted to wish you luck and if you want any help then please do let us know... we also know a thing or two about art... anyway, good luck

I take di's blessings and I give a quick hug to Saumya before leaving to go outside

Me (screaming as I am going towards the exit) - Thank you Di and I wish you luck for today

While my back was turned towards di, I feel myself bumping into someone and to my surprise, it's Omkara.

He looks so stunning, so hot in a suit. I stare at him with love while he looks at me with a confused face.

Omkara (smirking) - If you are done checking me out and staring at me... then we have a meeting to go to... I mean, I don't mind staring at you as well but... do you want to cancel the meeting? We can have some fun...

Me (embarrassed) - Let's go

The drive to the place was very funny, with him making jokes that were genuinely funny but some were really bad. I had to do fake laughs for the bad ones to not hurt his feelings, but he immediately recognised the fake laughs and apologised for the bad joke. It was cute. As we enter the building, he holds my hand and then we both enter into his personal office.

Mr Smith (smiling) - Welcome, Mr and Mrs Oberoi

Me/Omkara (smiling) - Thank you, Mr Smith

Mr Smith (worried) - You both look good but Mrs Oberoi... where are your sindoor and mangalsutra? I heard that every married women wear that... and it's compulsory

Me (nervous) - I think I forgot it... due to the hurry... sorry Mr Smith

Mr Smith - Are you guys telling me the truth? I mean how can a wife just forget to put it on? I just want...

Omkara (angry) - Mr Smith, please stay in your limits... we told you we are married... what proof do you need? We can show you our marriage certificate if you want ... if my wife chooses to not wear the sindoor and mangalsutra... or forgets it then... that's none of your business. You are supposed to work with us and you should trust us... as far as I know, you must have already done a background check on us and you know that we are married then why are you making this such a big issue?

Mr Smith - Mr Oberoi, you are just as rich as me... and who knows if you made my people lie to me... now coming to why I care if she wears it or not... I know she is a women from the countryside... and those people value these things a lot... if you could just put sindoor and mangalsutra on her in front me... then I will never question you again... I promise... otherwise...

Why is this guy so hell-bent on making me wear that sindoor and mangalsutra that has done nothing but hurt me? All the bad memories with Omkara is flowing to me... Oh god, I think I will have a breakdown... no... no... Gauri... you need to be strong. I start to take deep breaths to calm myself.

Omkara (angry) - I have the mangalsutra in my pocket however, I don't have sindoor...

Mr Smith - I can get one...

Mr Smith calls up someone and asks them for sindoor, and as if the person already knew about it, the sindoor was sent within a minute

Me (curious) - How did you have the sindoor beforehand?

Mr Smith - I had it because some workers of mine are Indian and they always carry these...

Mr Smith opens the box while Omkara... I mean Omkaraji takes a pinch from there and puts in on my hairline and then ties my old mangalsutra around my neck.

 I mean Omkaraji takes a pinch from there and puts in on my hairline and then ties my old mangalsutra around my neck

Thank you guys for the votes and comments that you guys gave in the last chapter. They mean a lot to me. Please continue to vote and comment. 

Precap - Rikara and Shivika