Chapter 52

Anika's POV

Me (interrupting the awkward silence) - So... there are some rules before you can meet Ansh ... I forgot yesterday to tell you and plus my emotions were all over the place yesterday... ok so the first one is that you won't be able to hold Ansh until I feel you are worthy to hold him... you can play with him... but you can't touch him... as I don't trust you... what if you hurt him?

Shivay (hurt) - I would never hurt my son...An...

Shivay comes closer to me while I take a step backwards.

Me (worried) - Please stay away from me.... And as for you hurting my son... then let me remind you that you hit a pregnant lady... the day you divorced me I was going to tell you I was pregnant but you hurt me... the pain you gave me was both physical and mental... if you can't even respect your wife then what makes me believe that you will respect your son... another mistake you did was push me a few days ago when you saw me with a child... with my son... what makes me think you won't hurt him... You don't even have trust on me... there is more but for now... you should be thankful that I am actually letting you near my son...

Ansh suddenly starts to cry while I try to calm him down but there is no stop... he has already had food ... maybe he is sleepy

Me (worried) - Ansh... baby... stop crying...

I carry him towards the bedroom and try to rock him into sleep, but he is refusing to do that. Oh god, what should I do? If Saumya was here then she will know.

Shivay (worried) - Can I please hold him? I will give him to you within a minute... I promise... it's just I have looked after my brothers and Priyanka when I was younger... so...

Me (angry) - NO! I have looked after Sahil since I was young as well... I don't want you to touch him.

Shivay is looking at me with worry and then leaves the room, wow what a great father... just because I said you can't touch him doesn't mean he can't play with him. I am trying to pamper him when Shivay comes in with toys and then starts playing with Ansh. He brings a toy car and makes noises with it, making Ansh laugh.

Shivay (smiling) - Ansh, loves cars... he is just like his dad... aww... my baby

Me (jealous) - No, he is like his mum... right Ansh...

Shivay (smiling) - No, Anika... he is like his dad... look at him... he has got my eyes... but your smile... he looks like you... but his anger is like me... right Ansh

Me (smiling) - Yes true, Ansh is a mixture of both of us... my baby

Ansh starts giggling looking at how much attention he is getting... baby don't be an attention seeker

Shivay (smiling) - I went to get the toys I got for Ansh yesterday... I didn't want to leave him but he looked like he wanted to play with someone...

Me (smiling) - It's fine

I picked up Ansh and went to the kitchen to cook something for me and Shivay

Shivay (smiling) - Can we go out?

Me (confused) - What?

Shivay (smiling) - I mean... since you said that I have a full day with Ansh then can we go to a restaurant... I will pay... but I want to go as.... As... a family... I know that this isn't a complete family like you and me...aren't together anymore... but let's just go out... for Ansh...

Me (worried) - Fine

He gives me a quick smile and then we both leave towards the car. Ansh starts jumping up and down while I am carrying him making it a little hard for me to carry him as I have got his clothes bag with me as well as my purse.