Chapter 42

Gauri's POV - In the morning

I look around the room to check for any missing artworks as this art show is very important to me. If this art show becomes successful than my dreams would come true. Shankarji! Wish me luck. After checking everything, I turn to check the entrance when I bump into someone. Not just Someone, but stupid Riddhima who always tries to intervene in my work. Oh god, I wish I could just...

Riddhima (angry) - Can't you see you behenji... are you that blind? (rubbing her arm)

Me (pretending to be sorry) - Sorry Mam

Riddhima (angry) - Don't you dare show me your stupid attitude, I am your boss... don't forget that... you

As she is about to say something more, A voice stops her which makes me smile while she looks embarrassed and angry.

Voice (angry) - Ms Riddhima, please stay in your limits, you may be Gauri's boss but remember I am your boss...

Riddhima (embarrassed) - but mam...

Khushi (angry) - Don't you dare you to answer back to me... I saw everything that happened and I saw how Gauri apologised to you.... And instead of accepting the apology and moving on... you decided to make a big issue... if it weren't for your dad is my father's best friend then you would have been fired a long time ago... NOW LEAVE

Riddhima leaves looking embarrassed while muttering some swear words towards me probably.

Khushi (smiling) - I am so sorry Gauri...

Me (smiling) - It's fine Khushi...

Khushi (smiling) - I hope your art show is a success and I hope that my foreign client gets impressed by this.

Khushi then smiles and leaves me to do my work, Khushi may be my boss but she is like a sister to me. A sister who is around the same age, I don't know how I would have done this art show without Khushi's help.

After 2 hours

As I am talking to one of the customers, I hear a loud squeal. I turn towards the squeal to be shocked. That Riddhima is hugging my Omkara and my Omkara is hugging her back. Why would he do that? I don't know what came over me that I went up to that Rakshas and then pulled her away from Omkara.

Me (angry) - Don't touch my husband

As soon as I realised what I blurted, I regretted the next minute. He hurt me, why would I care who he hugs or not? As I am about to apologise, I see everyone's eyes are on me and Omkara is looking at me with a shocked face and OMG the foreign clients are looking at me with a shocked face as well. Oh god, what did I do?

Rakshas Riddhima (shaking me) - Are you listening to me you middle-class lady... WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? CLAIMING MY BOYFRIEND AS YOUR HUSBAND? OMKARA IS MY BOYFRIEND?

I know for a fact that Omkara is not her boyfriend but I don't want to prove anything, I open my mouth to apologise but Omkara speaks up.

Omkara (angry) - stay in your limits Riddhima, Gauri is saying the truth, she is my wife and our marriage is registered, she isn't some middle-class lady but she is Omkara Singh Oberoi's wife... I am not your boyfriend but your ex.

Rakshas (angry) - Don't lie to me, Om... I am your girlfriend...

Before she could continue her talks Khushi comes and drags her away while whispering to me to control the situation.

One Foreign Client - Is it true that he is your husband, Ms Gauri Trivedi or should I call you ms Gauri Oberoi?

Me (fake smiling) - Just call me ms Gauri Trivedi and yes he wa...

Omkara (interrupting me) - I am her husband...

I shoot a glare at him while he smirks at me. Oh god, how am I going to get out this situation?

Precap - Lie continues?

Sorry for the short chapter, but I have been busy and therefore the chapter is this short.

Next Chapter: Monday or Tuesday