9. BASKETBALL JERSEYS ~ N.M

AUTHOR'S NOTE💘
Hey Guys!
Yea, I know long time since I've posted a 'Nick' Imagine, but shout out to all the Nick stans out there this ones for y'all.

Oh and play the song if you want. I don't know, I feel like it suits this imagine. Enjoy! Vote and comment :)

~ M

Y/N'S POV
It's around 9pm at night and I decided to go for a walk around my neighbourhood. There's a cute little park just down the street from where I live with a basketball court and a small playground. I walk up and see a dude in a Chicago bulls jersey and black sweats, playing some ball.

I walk to the edge of the court to watch him play. He has that fuckboy hair cut but this dude is actually really good-looking. I realise he's trying to make a 3 pointer from the side but he keeps missing. He does it a few more times and I realise what he's doing wrong.

Y/N: You need to bend you knees more and put more fling in your wrist.

He turns around surprised and annoyed.

Nick: and what the hell would a girl like you know about basketball?

Did this dude really just diss me? 

I snatch the ball from his hands.

Nick: Ayo what the hell?

I bounce it a couple of times before I take a shot. The ball goes up and falls straight into the hoop like somebody perfectly just placed it in there. I turn around and give him a "watchu say?" face. He's dumbfounded and is staring at me. I then realise this kid is checking me out. I chuckle and break him out of his daze.

Y/N: Okay so you want my help or you just gone stand there and look like a dumbo tryna make that shot?

He shakes his head and smirks.

Nick: Aight aight

He runs, gets the ball and brings it back to where I was standing. I bend my knees and bring my hands up like I'm holding a ball.

Y/N: Okay so you wanna bend your knees low like this yea...

He bends his knees and keeps twisting his head back and forth to get the position right.

Y/N: Now you wanna place your hands here...

Nick: Here?

Y/N: No no a bit lower..

I touch his arms and his biceps are strong man. For some strange reason I get nervous and a little conscious on where I'm touching him. I bring his arms down a bit lower and now he's ready to get his shot.

Y/N: Right there okay, now when your ready to shoot jump as high as you can and put as much fling into your wrist as possible okay?

Nick: Aight

He bounces the ball a couple of times before he shoots it up into the air. As I'm watching him jump I get a glimpse of his abs and lemme tell you. DAMN HE IS RIPPED. The ball goes through the hoop and he turns around to face me.

Nick: I DID IT!!

Y/N: Welp there you go....well I guess I should get goi-

Nick: Nah I feel bad you helped me there's gotta be a way I can pay you back.......

He drags out the ending which I figure out is my cue to say my name.

Y/N: Oh uh Y/N Y/L/N...and you are?

Nick: Nick Mara... but anyways, Y/N how can I pay you back?

I think about this question for a second then my eyes fall upon Nick and I realise there is something I would like to have.

Y/N: Your jersey...

Nick: THE HECK HELL NAW!!

Y/N: Fine fine fine okay wait....

I think about this a little bit more and realise me and Nick could have a one on one.

Y/N: One on one aight, first to 10. If you win you keep your jersey and if I win I-

Nick: You get my jersey aight I see you. Who's starting off though?

Y/N:..Hmm.....rock, paper, scissors?

Nick: Aight

I throw scissors and Nick throws rock. This doesn't worry me though because I've won many one on one's in my life. We go to our starting positions and we're off.

Throughout the whole game Nick says flirtatious things and keeps touching me on purpose, I don't mind though because I'm low-key doing the same thing back.
It's now around 10:15pm and me and Nick have been playing for a while.

He's on 8 and I'm on 7. In order for me to win this I gotta score a 3 pointer. It's my cheque so I pass and I dodge him. I make it to the top of the circle and pretend to shoot the ball. Nick jumps and right as his feet touch the ground I take my shot. He turns around and we watch as the ball goes up and into the hoop.

Y/N: WHOO HOO!! OOOHHH DID YOU SEE THAT!!? 3 POINTER!! NOW HAND IT OVER NICK!

Nick: Aight I'll give you that.

He takes off the jersey and now I can see his abs properly. They're perfectly defined and his sweat makes them glisten in the light of the street lamp. Nick brings out his hand and that knocks me out of my daze. I reach for it but he snatches it back to his chest.

Nick: You gotta catch me first though

Y/N: WHA!?

Nick starts running around the court and me being the dumb hoe I am, I started chasing him. He keeps turning and twisting and as soon as I'm close to getting this kid he turns the other way.

Y/N: NICK OMG COME HERE!!

Nick: NiCk oMg cOmE hErE!!

He whines. Ugh I've had enough so I push him onto the ground. I then trip over the kid and he topples over on top of me. His bare chest is now on top of my body.
Our faces are so close and I'm now staring into his deep chocolate eyes. The tension has changed in the air and I now realise it's gone from friends to more than friends. A few seconds pass and then all of a sudden I'm touching Nick's lips.

It takes me about 3 seconds to realise what just happened and as soon as my brain processed that I kissed him back. Nick pulled away for air then picked me up from the ground. I guess he's got a lot of strength because I jumped a little too high. He caught me by my thighs and brought me into his chest. I wrapped my legs around his waist and stared into his eyes.

Y/N: You're real smooth Mr Mara...who knew a game of basketball would lead to me leaving in your shirt with a very passionate kiss on my lips

Nick: You know you could also wear my shirts during other times....

Y/N: You're such a dumbo

I kissed him on the forehead, then nose, then his lips one more time before he put me down.

Nick: I guess I'll see you tomorrow at 6 then

Y/N: ...And why would I see you tomorrow?

Nick: To go on our first date

A smirk is plastered across of Nick's face.

Y/N: Nick you don't even know where I live Hahaha

I turn around and start walking. I then feel a harsh smack on my ass. I turn around straight away and see a smirk marked on Nick's face.

Nick: Aight then, I guess I'll see you here at 6 tomorrow then yea?

Y/N: Aight Mr Mara till 6 tomorrow...