42. IT HIT ON STAGE ~ B.A

BRANDON'S POV
Me and the boys were on stage performing in Auckland, New Zealand, for our international tour. The crowd was insane and the energy felt amazing. Y/N was allowed to come with us, as the trip would be a long time away from her. So management sent her along with me and she was now watching me from the VIP section. 

As we were performing 'Hello' I started breathing weirdly and missing steps. I looked into the crowd and everyone was turning into a blur. Oh no. Lights were flashing causing me to shut my eyes as my chest tightened. Please. Not again. Not now. 

I was gasping for air now, everything was going dark and all I could hear was my name being called. I turned my head in so many directions as I felt the whole world close in on me. The next thing I know I'm being dragged off stage. 

EDWIN'S POV
I rushed him off stage cause I know this all too well. He's had too many of these and it's not good for him. I sat him down and tried to calm him down.

Edwin: Brandon breathe...

He was just gasping. There was no real breathing just pleas for oxygen. He was making no real progress and I was starting to get scared.

Edwin: Brandon. B- Brandon please just breathe.

Tears already falling down him as he held onto his chest. Sweat dripping as the scared boy was still struggling on how to breathe. I didn't know what else to do but to try and get him to breathe. As I was starting to loose hope on how to get him to calm down Y/N rushed into the room.

Y/N'S POV
I was afraid, but I didn't want to make it look obvious. I've seen him like this as well. I can't count how many times, but definitely too many to count.

Edwin: Please Y/N, he needs you. He needs to breathe.

I looked at him and he was still wheezing. My heart ached as I looked at the state of shock he was in. I took a deep breathe in to conceal my fear and knelt down. I took his hands into mine and began to speak.

Y/N: Brandon. Brandon baby, open your eyes. 

He opened his eyes filled with terror and looked at me, begging me to help him. I smiled re-assuringly.

Y/N: Brandon I need you to breathe for me okay?

He shakes his head down in distress and tears keep falling down onto his lap.

Brandon: I- I ca- can't.

I bring him up by his chin and look him deep in the eyes with determination. 

Y/N: I know you can do it okay bub. Just keep your eyes on me okay? Just copy me.

I breathe in and blow out waiting for him to catch on. His breathing slowly breaks down as he begins to mimic my movements.

Y/N: That's it bubba keep going.

We kept breathing together until Brandon finally hit a normal speed. I smiled at him lightly as he returned the gesture.

Y/N: Are you okay?

Brandon: Yeah. Thanks babe, I really needed your help.

I kissed him on the forehead as I sat next to him on the couch. I leaned him back into me as I played with his hair to calm him down further. We sat there in silence enjoying each others company until the boys ran in.

Zion: Bro are you okay?

Austin: What happened?

Nick: Are you good now?

Questions were being thrown everywhere and Brandon had to calm everybody down as he sat up to address the boys about what happened. 

Brandon: I had an anxiety attack. But I'm okay now. Trust me.

Edwin: That's good though. At least you're okay. 

Zion: We had to cancel the show. I don't think you're fit to go back on stage like this.

They were right. Brandon looked weak, helpless. Sweat was evident on his forehead as his eyes were still red and puffy from the crying. Jeans soaked in fear as his hands were still shaking. Bite marks on every inch of his lips he tried to fight the attack. He felt horrible too. When the boys announced they cancelled the show Brandon's eyes fell. He felt bad, and you could see it.

*RING RING RING*

BRANDON'S POV

Brandon: Fuck. That's gonna be management. 

I stand up and make my way outside to answer the phone call. All I can hear is disappointment and anger coming through the voice through the phone. I sigh in failure of myself. Why? Why did it have to hit on stage?

I entered back into the room and fell back onto the couch. I rub my temples as I can't help but over-think the situation. Fans leaving with anger as they didn't come for what they payed for. Management not letting us go on tour anymore because of the incident. I couldn't take it. I felt gentle hands rest on my shoulders as I turned around to be met with Y/N.

Y/N: What's on your mind babe?

Brandon: I need to apologise.

Y/N: For what?

Brandon: For my attack...everyone's mad at me...

She came back to the position before. She was knelt down in front of me with my hands in hers. She looked my in the eyes and I was already lost in them.

Y/N: Bubba you need to understand that tonight wasn't your fault. You don't need to apologise for anything. If people are mad, then they're dumbasses cause they're made for the wrong reasons. But you personally feel like apologising then do it. Not to please anyone but yourself okay? 

Brandon: Okay.

She leaned in and gave me a long kiss before I got up and made my way to film an apology video.