27. JUST A MISTAKE ~ N.M

Y/N'S POV
*PRESENT DAY*

I hate him. I hate Nick Mara with all my heart and there is no way he can change that. I sit there on my couch reminiscing on the times we've spent together, and how it all came crashing down over one person. It was one dance and one person. Two months of friendship gone down the drain. All it took was one sentence for him to break my heart. I remember it so clearly....

*2 MONTHS AGO*

I was in the main entrance of the building heading to the vending machine when I saw him. There was a very handsome, Italian boy at the vending machine trying to set something free. I walk over and take a bite of my apple while I'm at it. I kick the side of the hunk of metal and see the packet of chips fall to the bottom. He turns to face me in astonishment then he opens his mouth.

Nick: Uh...thanks?!

Wow he's got a sexy voice damn...

Y/N: Yea no problem!

He begins to walk away but turns around again after I kick the vending machine for the second time. Another bag of chips fall to the bottom and I grab it and turn to be met with him again.

Nick: Ahah you could've come earlier and kicked it, then I wouldn't have to waste $3.50 on a bag of chips.

Y/N: Haha yeah this vending machine is a bitch, didn't you know?

Nick: Ahaha no I didn't

This guy. His laugh. It's the most adorable sound I've ever heard, I think if I ever heard it again I might actually die. His hair. Perfectly quaffed with the most precise fade I've ever seen in my life. His eyes. I'm scared that if I look into them for too long, I might delve into his deep brown ocean pools, and never come back up for air. I'm lost for words at his beautiful sight when I snap back to reality and remind myself that I have rehearsal.

Y/N: Welp I gotta go cause I have rehearsal in......

I check my phone and...

FUCK! Really Y/N you can't do anything right.

Y/N: Now! Shit. Well anyways nice to meet you vending machine man.

I quickly smile and salute the guy before turning around and dashing down the hallway. Just before I turn the corner I hear him call out.

Nick: Uh yeah you too....kick girl!?

I quickly smile before I continue dashing down the hallway. 

Y/N: Fucking hell Y/N, you can't even be early once.

I scold myself as I make it to the studio and almost smash the door open. I look around and realise that no one is inside and a note is left next to the speakers. It read.

I went to the vending machine, be back in 5. Nick :)

I huff to myself and begin to think.

Maybe it's the guy I saw earlier? Or actually maybe not that guy, he looks like he can barely make it to Studio One without getting lost.

I lose my train of thought, plug my phone in and begin to dance.

NICK'S POV
I make my way back to the studio when I hear music blasting down the hallway. I walk a bit closer to the studio I came from and realise that the music was coming from inside. I look through the window on the side and see the girl I saw before blazing a trail on the dance floor. 

She was so mesmerizing I couldn't take my eyes off of her if I tried. She's hitting every beat that comes to her. She's doing moves that I've never seen before. The vibe that I'm getting from her is so contagious, that if I absorb too much of it, I actually might have an overdose.