deux

Returning home was something I dreaded more than anything. My family was hectic, there was always screaming and it was always a battle between me and my older brother Julian on who was right. Julian and I practically raised our younger siblings, and Julian practically raised me. My mom was always working and if she wasn't working she was out with some guy and I never got to meet my father. But I wouldn't ask for it any other way as much as my sisters may annoy me I wouldn't trade them for the world and I know Julian feels that way about me and the twins.

I opened the door smelling the familiar scent of a fall scented candle burning. Julian, I called and got no answer from him, but I did hear the sound of steps before my sister Olivia turned the corner practically running into my arms. Olivia and Nina were my two half-sisters and happened to be complete opposites. " I missed you little one," I said holding her in my arms Olivia and Nina often spent time with there dad meaning I didn't get to see them for days at a time. Olivia was definitely the sweeter twin and showed her affection much more frequently than Nina did.

"I'm not even little," she huffed with annoyance. I smiled at her before walking up the stairs to my room noticing that Julian's door was shut. I threw myself down on the bed reaching for my phone checking my notifications, and realized I had one new follower.

tchalamet has followed you

I clicked on the profile before realizing it was the guy from the library I scrolled through his photos before deciding to follow him back then proceeded to lock my phone and began to wander down the stairs to start dinner for me and my 3 siblings.

The next day at school I was dreading hoping not to run into anyone that I had snapped at a few days previous. It was now Friday also meaning that the party was today so almost everyone was on the edge of their seat anticipating the night to come. It was 3rd hour which was art I also had this class with Naomi so I was always happy in this room. I was leaned back in my chair listening to Naomi talk about the party and her outfit and how excited she was. I giggled at her excitement returning to my project I heard the door open not caring to look up until I heard a familiar voice. It was Timothee and even though he was talking to our art teacher he was staring directly at me. I quickly looked away turning towards Naomi she was staring at me with her mouth hanging open. Oh my god, she mouthed to me. I widened my eyes at her trying to indicate to shut up. She nodded when he finally left she burst out talking.

"Oh my god Lily he was so checking you out omg he definitely likes you he definitely thought what you did was so hot omg you have to hook up with him tonight. She burst out in approximately 2 seconds.

"Definitely not I said and in no way am I attracted to him, "I said, "and plus just because he was looking at me doesn't mean he likes me."

"No he definitely does there is no way he doesn't." she said nodding her head " I can tell."

"No way." I returned before going back to my art even though I definitely was not focused on my art I couldn't get his piercing jade gaze out of my head.

That night Naomi came over and we got ready together I put on a nice outfit which hugged my curves and happened to show just a little cleavage and Naomi had on a little red dress.

"You look amazing Naomi" I commented on her appearance. She started giggling before thanking me and doing a little spin "so do you babe" she replied with a wink. We headed out of my house and into Naomi's tiny little car before driving over to one of the biggest and nicest houses in our area.

I stepped out of the car with Naomi feeling like a model walking up the long driveway. She looked over at me and smiled before we walked into the door together. The house was beautiful inside and it smelled like weed and sweat I crinkled my nose. Following Naomi like a lost puppy to the kitchen, someone handed me a cup of god knows what to which I politely declined. I looked around and realized that I had lost Naomi I sighed pushing through the crowds of people before spotting her brown hair. Naomi I shouted pushing my way to her.

"Oh good lily I was looking for you there a game of truth or dare we have to go play," she said pulling my arm.

"I don't know about this Naomi," I said trying to loosen her grip.

"No no no you have to come with me please lils," she said desperately with a pout in her lips.

"Oh my god fine." deciding it would be easier to just give up I allowed her to drag me through the maze of drunken teens into a separate room a circle of people sat on the floor and immediately my eyes landed on a pair of green ones. I let out a sigh, of course, he was here and of course, he was playing because why wouldn't he be.

I sat next to Naomi which happened to be across from timothée trying to avoid his face at all costs. Until I heard his voice.

"Hey Romilly you're the girl that told me off," he said with a laugh that was the first time I had heard my full name used in such a long time.

"Yep it's me I said and I prefer to go by Lily," I replied with a head tilt and a small smirk.

"Ohhh she's sassy" he yelled over the music and chatter back to me.

I pretended not to hear him returning my focus to Naomi pretending to be a part of her conversation until somebody decided it was now time to start the game. At first, the game started off innocent but after a few dares and a lot more alcohol, it progressed to be a more promiscuous dare. I was dreading my name being called the entire time.

"Timothée I dare you to seven minutes in heaven with the prettiest girl in the circle." Said someone I didn't know the name of.

I watched him intently his eyes moving around the circle he stood up stretching his long legs and his eyes were on me. Oh my god, I said in my head. he walked straight towards me before turning at the last second and reaching his hand to a girl with curly red hair and brown eyes. She blushed and smiled taking his hand, I stared at him and he shot me a smile and a wink before taking the girl whose name was Alice to the tiny closet just outside of the room. All the boys started screaming witch excitement I looked to Naomi telling her that I had to go to the bathroom, I couldn't stand being in this dumb circle much longer.