six

It was close to midnight when Timothee pulled into my driveway his bright headlights illuminating my small home. I turned to him and caught him already staring at me. "thank you so much for today I had a lot of fun." I said in almost a whisper.

"thank you for skipping with me," he replied I noticed how close our bodies were. I felt as though he was a magnet pulling me towards him, it scared me and I felt like i needed to get away from him as soon as I could.

"um well I better get inside," I said nodding my head opening the door and stepping out of his truck rushing to the door. I turned around and waved goodbye to him and he slowly started to pull out of the driveway. I sighed inserting the key to the lock and opening the door. Julian's head whipped to the door with bloodshot eyes his cheeks were tear stained and his hair was disshelved and messy. And then it hit me I had never told him where I was.

"oh my god, Julian I forgot to text you." I rushed to his side and he grabbed me pulling me into a tight hug which I returned.

"I would be pissed if I hadn't been so worried Romilly the twins were so scared what were you thinking." he rushed out "well clearly nothing," he responded to his question.

"Jules I'm so sorry it slipped my mind," I whispered.

"what were you even doing," he said his shaky voice raising in pitch and leaned back into the couch awaiting my answer.

"uh I was at the beach with a friend and we had coffee," I replied.

"who Naomi." he pondered drawing his eyebrows together.

"yeah something like that," I said so softly I didn't think he had even heard it. I stood up turning to him "goodnight and I'm so sorry." I said one last time before heading up the stairs into my room where I threw myself onto my bed the events of the night replaying in my mind. I felt regret wash over me wishing I would have just told him no. I didn't like the idea of getting close to someone quickly.

The next day I was dreading math when I walked in I noticed Timothee seat was empty. I sighed with relief but I was also a little bit worried. Naomi instantly came over to me questioning me on where I was yesterday. I told her about the beach and the coffe and how I regretted my actions.

"Lily don't worry so much you didn't even kiss him you just hung out as friends."

When the bell rang Naomi walked me to my class and for the rest of the day, I felt like a zombie walking through the halls until I got to my history class.

I took my seat next to Harry and he smiled wide at me. "hey Lily you look tired." he said probably observing the bags under my eyes.

"long night," I replied. turning to our teacher who was blabbering on about our projects and I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep until I felt strong hands softly shake me awake. "oh my god I can't believe I just fell asleep."I whispered. there were only a few minutes of class left luckily we still had a few days before presentations were due.

"hey lily aren't you with Timothee," he asked innocently.

"oh no no no were only friends," I replied wondering how he knew about us at all.

"oh well be careful around him I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you," he said looking at me with what looked like worry in his eyes.

"what are you talking about," I asked knitting my eyebrows together.

"oh nothing he will probably let you know eventually its not really my place," he said playing with his fingers.

"uh okay," I said his words playing through my head over and over only adding to the anxiety I had already been feeling on the situation.

"be careful around him I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you."