trois

Waking up the next morning was the worst feeling ever, my head was pounding and my mouth was dry. I awoke next to Naomi the sun in my eyes I quickly raised my hand to shield my face from the bright sun. I stood up stretching my limbs and immediately feeling the headache banging through my head like a drum from all the alcohol I had consumed the previous night. I walked to the bathroom and took a long look at my face my hair was in tangled and my mascara was smudged all around my eyes. I looked and felt disgusting. "I'm never doing this again" I sighed to myself walking back to Naomi's room I packed my things before leaving I made sure to shake her awake to say goodbye despite her protests.

Monday morning I walked into my first-hour math and looked to the board where it said new seats. Great I thought and rolled my eyes standing with the rest of the class, waiting to be assigned a desk.

"Timothée Chalamet.. and Romilly Forrest." Announced my teacher. I groaned throwing my head back looking at the smirk on his face as I there my stuff on the floor and took a seat next to him.

"Oh it is not that bad," he said looking at me.

"Oh yes it is considering I used to sit next to my best friend and now I'm stuck next to you." he rolled his eyes at me leaning back in his seat.

We were later assigned a packet of problems and told that our partners were our desk mates I turned to him pushing the packet towards him. " I have no clue what the fuck we're doing," I said with a groan wanting nothing to do with him and the math.

He laughed softly "neither do I," he said pushing it back towards me "hey do you want a piece of gum." he asked reaching into his backpack and handing me a piece of bright pink bubblegum. I took it from him nodding a thank you before popping it into my mouth and blowing a big bubble towards him which exploded and made the loudest popping noise. My eyes widened as my teacher yelled "Romilly knock it off" Timothée started laughing so hard his cheeks turned red and he started leaning forward clutching at his stomach.

"There's no way it was that funny," I said a wide smile on my face and his obnoxious giggles. He was wheezing at this point bent over laughing.

"The look on your face you were so scared." he gasped out.

"Timothée" yelled out our teacher, "knock it off before I send the both of you to the office. It was my turn to laugh now I clapped my hand to my face and then Timothée snorted and in the end, we both ended up seated in the office still sharing little giggles.

The principle rambled on and Timothée and I were holding our breath trying not to laugh and when he finally let us go on a warning we burst out the door almost in tears. We walked through the hallways mocking him trying to speak words but having to pause between laughing fits. We paused outside my next classes door we said our goodbyes and were on our separate ways.

When I returned home that night I thought that nothing could ruin my mood but I opened the door to Julian glaring at me.

"What did I do," I said shutting the door behind me hanging up my coat.

"I got a call from the principal today," he said leaning on the table looking like a true angry dad. I almost started laughing at him but I knew he would get madder if I did.

"It's not that serious it was just because I blew a bubble in class and started laughing the teachers like a thousand years old anyway," I explained lightly trying to get him to loosen up.

"I don't care Romi you know you need to stay out of trouble are you hanging around those people again." He sighed running a hand through his curls a look of concern plastered on his face.

"Jesus juls you bugging out right now." My voice was raising "I'm old enough to take care of myself now stop acting like you know everything your not mom."

"Then stop acting like a baby and I'll treat you like an adult," he yelled at me.

"Get out of my face" I yelled shoving him out of my way and storming up the stairs. He knew I hated when he mentioned my old friends and he did it every time to get a rise out of me. I slammed my door shut and locked it sitting on the floor against my door and concentrating on my breathing I heard my phone chime. I reached for it and got a notification that tchalamet had messaged me. I opened the message.

tchalamet: can I have ur snap so we can talk more? I had fun with you today!:)

I left him on read not in the mood to talk to him after what happened. I heard the floorboards creek outside my room and then a soft knock at the door. Knowing it wasn't Julian I opened the door looking down into the wide-eyed gaze of my younger sister Nina.

"Hi, Nina." I said uneasily, "do you need something."

She pulled me into a hug shocking me considering she usually was the one to act as though she hated me. I squeezed her back not having had a hug in a while. "I'm sorry about Julian, he was being mean to me earlier too," she said into my shoulder causing her voice to come out muffled. I pulled away to look into her gaze smiling at her.

"You're being so nice Nina thank you I'm sure he just had a bad day," I whispered before pulling her back in holding onto this feeling because I knew it was a rare occasion.

"Don't get used to it," she said with a small smile before skipping away down the hallway.

When she did leave it left a smile on my face I hope she knew how much she meant to me. That night I skipped dinner and didn't leave my room until the next morning when I got ready as fast as possible rushing out the door trying to avoid Julian at all costs not wanting another fight.