treize

My drapes were pulled shut only little slivers of light peeled through. I layed on my side my hands rested under my head, my eyes were closed and I hoped I would soon drift to sleep. It was hard when I could hear my siblings downstairs, the girls soft voices filled with joy. I let out a sigh of anger throwing my self into my back, startled by the sound of my own stomach growling, desperately, for food. I sat up realizing that it was now 1 p.m and I hadn't moved all day. I dragged my weak and hungry body out of my bed slowly turning the glass knob on my door entering into the hallway. The sun hit my eyes and I let out a hiss and squinted my eyes. I can't believe how I let myself go this weekend. "Romilly!" screamed Olivia staring at me with a wide tooth grin.

"Hey Liv," I croaked out, walking down the old steps into the living room.

"Where have you been all day," she asked me tilting her curly head to the side in confusion.

"Uhh I just decided to sleep in, long week," I told her making eye contact with Julian who was looking at me with worried eyes. I walked hastily towards the kitchen, feeling Julian's presence following me. I turned to him once we were away from the girls waiting for him to speak first.

"Your not okay what's wrong?" he asked taking my hand in his rubbing reassuring circles on my palm.

"Uhm rough night nothing to worry about," I explained with a tight lipped smile trying to draw my hand away from his but he held on tighter.

"Romi I know you I can tell somethings up just talk to me please," he begged.

"Just some boy problems, seriously Jules I'll be okay," I said turning my gaze from his concerned expression. He pulled me into a hug and rested his head on mine.

"Don't let some guy hurt you your worth so much more, I love you I will always be here to listen." he said into my hair his voice slightly muffled. I nodded biting my lip to hold back tears. It always meant more hearing reassuring words from my brother, I would do anything for him and only wanted to make him proud.

I finally pulled away from his embrace turning quickly to get some berries from the fridge not wanting him to see my eyes which were gathering tears. I took a big gulp of air, blinked away the tears and turned to him with a small smile. "We should take the girls to the park or something," I suggested to him "we could have a little picnic."

"Sure," he smiled "I'll go tell them to get ready." he rushed out of the kitchen and I heard his voice telling them to get ready. I quickly made sandwiches and packed some berries then rushed to my room and threw on a little dress and shoes and together we all headed for the park.

We layed out our blanket and opened the woven basket the girls started munching on their sandwiches. I smiled "you guys hungry or something," to which Nina stuck up her middle finger. I gasped before bursting into laughter at Julian's shocked face.

"Nina!" he shouted "how dare you," his tone was amused and he was fighting a smile. I couldn't control my giggles.

"It's what you get," Nina said fighting to hide her smile too.

"Ooh I love you guys," I shook my head my curls falling in my face.

"We love you too!" cried Olivia pulling me into a tight hug both of us had huge smiles on our face.

A/N

eek let me know if ur enjoying this so far I know it's not the greatest but ayy first book I have written in a while. also ty for 500 reads dats crazy. don't forget to vote and comment ily 😗😳