dix

The door slammed and I felt empty, I sat for a moment staring at the floorboards. Sighing I picked myself up and brushed off my dress before opening the door and walking out of the house. I couldn't find Naomi so I ordered an uber and sat on the edge of the street, arms cuddled around myself clinging to any warmth. The uber eventually arrived I scurried into the warm car, an oldish man was driving who asked me polite questions before eventually dropping me off at my house. It was around 1 am so Julian and the twins were fast asleep when I arrived home. As soon as I got to my room I threw myself on the bed the kiss replaying in my head. The feeling of his lips and his hands made me feel warm but remembering how it had ended made my chest tighten. I don't know what I did wrong. The alcohol in my system gave me a new found confidence so I reached for my phone and typed a quick message to Timothee.

Thank you for tonight, I definitely enjoyed it sleep well x.

Talk to me when your sober dear  sweet dreams xx

read

--

I awoke to the sweet aroma of pancakes floating up to my room, I rolled out of bed my bare feet hitting the cold wooden floors. I walked gently across the floor which still squeaked at certain steps and softly made my way down the stairs. The curtains were all open letting in a golden morning glow and casting shadows on the walls. It was so quiet you could hear the birds chirping I hummed in content as I made my way into the kitchen and took in the sight of my two younger siblings shoveling pancakes into their mouth. I let out a little giggle at them and they quickly snapped their heads up to meet my gaze. 

"Good morning Lily I missed you last night," my sister Olivia told me in a chirpy voice. I smiled at her widely.

"Oh, I missed you both so much more." I sent a crooked grin to Nina who was my more bratty sister. "Wheres Julian," I asked them noticing he wasn't around.

"He has a job interview but we thought we would make pancakes for when he gets home to celebrate," Olivia explained. 

"Wow, I'm surprised you didn't burn the house down." I looked at Olivia with a raised brow to which she rolled her eyes at.

"Whatever."

I grabbed a pancake and put some fresh fruit on taking a big bite and surprisingly they were really good. I checked my phone to see I had a text message from Timothee, which brought back all the memories from the night before. I pursed my lips in embarrassment I couldn't believe that I had texted him that. I decided that from here on out I would ignore him and save us both from the embarrassment. Olivia and Nina had run out of the kitchen leaving me to clean up all their dishes. I groaned before taking them to the sink and slowly but surely cleaning the plates and pans from this mornings buffet.