the four seasons.

I walk down the stairs and I see Teri next to the kitchen counter, eating a bowl of strawberries. The sun is bright, but I would rather stay in bed. I just woke up because I caught myself overthinking about Andy's party tonight.

"Big day for you, huh?" Teri asks but focused on her strawberries.

"Yeah, I guess. But I need to tell you something."

"What happened?" Teri comes to me and takes my hand, leading us to the sofa seats next to the window.

"I gave it a lot of thought and... well, I believe tonight would be the best opportunity to tell Andy about him and me." I'm a little bit hesitant to tell her because I don't want to make this a big deal.

"That's great, I'm glad you decided to go for it." She's really supportive and I don't know what I would do without her.

"But I'm not expecting anything from him. I believe the best thing is to let it out before it consumes me."

Three days ago, Andy asked me out again. Actually, we went to Walmart to buy stuff for his house. It was kinda weird, but after a while, I thought: Even to do simple things, he thought of me. That's sweet of him.

"You really think I'm gonna believe in this 'let it out' bullshit? I know you're already picking up baby names." I slap her thigh and she laughs.

I take a strawberry from her bowl and I bite it. "Do you know what we should do? We should go to the hair salon."

"Good idea. I just need to shower."

Teri gets her car and drives us to our friend Jean Ferre's hair salon. Jean used to live in Berkeley but moved to Manhattan when we were still in elementary school. The streets of midtown are already busy, so we take a little bit longer than we expected to get there.

...

"Can you take me there?" I ask, ready to go.

"Why?"

"Because you won't need to park, just stop in front of the restaurant so I can cause a little scene."

"Bitch what?"

"Please, I know you're date won't be here until nine."

"How you know that?" She raises an eyebrow.

I lift my shoulders. She rolls her eyes and cedes. She gets her car keys and heads to the front door. I get my purse and Andy's present. We get in the elevator.

"I hope I'm well dressed to The Four Seasons." I say, but suddenly Teri screams at me.

"This birthday party is at The Four Seasons? Are you shitting me?"

"I know. That's so crazy right?" I happily say.

"It's so luxurious and expensive. Are you sure you can afford it?"

"I do everything to my plan succeed."

"Wow."

We get out of the elevator when it gets to the garage level. We walk until we see Teri's Toyota Camry parked next to my car. The weather was amazing, the sun was setting and the night is just getting started.

...

"I mean, can't you see me and him two years from now, coming back to The Four Seasons because this is the place we had our first kiss and finally got together?"

"You're actually expecting the hell too much of it. If I were you, I would expect the worse."

"And that's why people like you don't live great love stories." I say, already seeing the building.

"And that's why people like you get heart-broken and end up with five cats in a ranch." Sarcastic Teri comes again.

She maneuvers the car to the front door. I open the door and let out a deep breathe. My shoulders are tense and my hands are cold. I close the door and Teri lower the car window.

"If you need anything, don't call me."

"Okay, I'll call you." I rush my walk.

"Don't call me!" She says louder.

I get on the sidewalk and look down at my dress. I really hope he says something about it. I walk into the restaurant and I notice how huge it is. There's glass everywhere and the yellow lights give a touch of elegance to the place. I walk up the marble stairs to the main level and I head to the elevator.

I get inside when the doors open, revealing an empty elevator, an exception for the elevator operator. I can listen to the background music getting closer and closer as we go up. The door only opens to reveal the flamboyant design. Businessmen, socialites, and famous people seem to dine. I walk out the big steel box and at my left I see Andy stand up, looking worried but happy. I tread towards him and seconds later, he looks at me. He's wearing a black tuxedo, leather shoes and his slightly rounded glasses. He opens up a big smile and instantly, I smile back.

"Happy Birthday Andy!" I say and he opens his arms for a hug.

"I'm so glad you came." He embraces me in a warm hug, and I can smell his manly fragrance. I try to keep it cool, so I don't melt in his arms and tell him I love him.

You don't love him [Y/N], these are just unknown feeling you have for him, but this is not love.

"Of course I would come. I wouldn't miss my friend's birthday."

Before we end the hug, he kisses my neck. Not in a sexy way. It was a genuine naive kiss on the neck. Can't deny the sparks in my eyes after the chills this kiss gives me instantly. He looks to the side, where the guests are, and I recognize some faces. Some SNL actors, some friends from the Rockefeller... but I see a table where Jorma and Akiva share by themselves. So I decide to join them. Andy walks beside me, with his hands on my lower back, giving me goosebumps in every step. Akiva recognizes my face and smiles at me.

"Oh my god, [Y/N]! Finally, you came to New York."

"I missed you guys so much." I sit in the chair in front of Jorma's.

Andy says, "Enjoy." Before leaving, he winks at me.

Chills. Literal chills come through my spine till my neck, making me shiver a bit.

"I need to ask you something." Akiva starts, coming closer to me, leaning on the table. "Did you tell him the real reason why you didn't come with us for New York years ago?"

"Shhhhh... I don't plan to tell him. Not now."

"We have been keeping this secret for so long now and..."

"I'm not proud of that too, but this is embarrassing for me, okay? Most people would have never done the things I've done." I let out a deep breathe. "We're getting closer again, I missed Andy, I missed you guys. Can't we just enjoy this whole thing?"