and i have you.

My phone rings. It takes me a while to fully wake up. My head's spinning and I realise I don't know where my phone is, so I follow the sound. My eyes finally open and I see the screen light, shining on my desktop. I get up, dragging my blanket rolled on me and the ray of light bothers my eyes. Andy is calling.

"Hi." I say, sounding sleepy.

"I'm sorry for calling you so late, I just need to talk to you. Can we meet?" His voice is tearful.

"Send me the address."

I hang up.

...

The streets are empty, I only see ten cars on the way to the bar. I don't struggle to find a place to park, because nobody seems to be in this place. I don't see Andy's car anywhere, but I park in front of this creepy old school bar, with shiny sign on top.

The narrow hallway gives an underground vibe to the establishment. The black lights make it hard to find Andy's table. But I can see his silhouette sitting in a stool. His elbows are resting on the counter, making his shoulders go up. I walk towards him but I have to bypass some chairs and some people dancing to the lounge music. Just looking at him from the back, I can see something is wrong.

I jab at him. "Hey."

He looks back but there's sadness in his eyes. This is not the Andy I talked some hours ago.

"Hey." He looks at the stool next to him and raises his hand, asking me to sit.

"What's going on?" I ask, touching his hand, that's resting on the counter.

He doesn't answer me. He's staring at the beer's green and black label, like if he was in another world. Well, he called me because he wanted to see me. He's just taking his time. Something really bad might have happened.

"It's over between me and Joanna." He says, with the same voice he was on the phone.

For a moment, I was confused. I thought he would be a bit happier. He told me he was in love and wanted to be with me. When did that change? Although, thinking about it, he has been with her for years... they built a life together. Even if you're not happy as you were in the beginning of the relationship, is hard to let it go after everything you've been through together. I shouldn't think about my feelings only. Andy's hurt and I can deal with him like this.

"Everything is gonna be ok, I promise." I lean my head on his shoulder. "You have your friends."

"And I have you." He says, trying to look at me.

"Andy." I get interrupted.

"I know you might be confused by all of this. I'm too." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "I got home and I tried to make things work and make amends, but she came to me basically insulting me. We fought for almost an hour and all of the sudden, I told her that we should break up. She instantly agreed, which shocked me for a moment. But she knew that our situation was impossible to handle anyway."

"I'm so sorry." That's the only thing I can think of.

He opens up a sad smile and I feel like we need to hug. So I hug him. I feel that he needs it because he quickly holds me back. His neck is warm and I cozy up with him for a while. "Do you want one?" he asks me.

"I'll take one. Tonight I'm driving."

We spend the night talking about life. Happy things, bad things. We were closer like if there's was nothing holding us back, but I was quite hesitant to make any move. I should wait until he's over her completely. This is gonna take a while.

He sounds drunk after his third beer, but he seems pretty steady still. He wines for some seconds, but he does his best to not show up. His hair gets messy every time he's telling me a crazy story about Akiva and Jorma in New York and his excitement seems to fade the pain he's suffering. He's always leaning towards me with a puppy face every time I say something, which is kinda cute.

After an hour, I convince him to leave.

"I can't go home." Andy says, too close to my face, making me smell the alcohol in his mouth.

"Okay, I can take you to my place." His lost puppy face makes me give in.