shakespeare garden.

Andy's driving my car through the 5th Avenue. The traffic is light so it seems we're almost there. He told me the place was a surprise. While we are on the run I watch the beautiful Central Park on my left but after a while, my eyes focus on Andy: his thin but large lips, aquiline nose, shiny brown eyes, thick eyebrows, smooth dark hair, and the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. He parks my car next to this green area I don't really know.

...

"We've been walking for half an hour, can you just tell me where we are going." At this point, all I wanna do is sit on the grass.

"No, it's gonna spoil the surprise." He says, but something on his tone seems anxious.

"Oh, God."

We keep walking until he turns to me. "Close your eyes." He demands.

"Oh hell no." I say giving two steps back.

"Please lil pie."

He covers my eyes with his big and masculine hands and the tip of his fingers seem shaky. We keep walking, he behind me.

"Okay...So, since I moved here I wanted you to come to this place. Actually, I wanted to bring you here. I present you... Shakespeare Garden." He uncovers my eyes.

The place is calm and seems private and intimate. There are some seats under the trees' shadows and a modest water fountain. There are a few people left in the place but after a minute, there are just me and Andy. I walk around to feel the vibe, and Andy comes behind me.

"This place is...really romantic." I say a bit embarrassed due to the facts.

"I know."

I sit on a bench and comes next to me.

"Are we cool? I mean... about that."

"About what?" He's being cynical. He really wants me to say it again.

"About my feelings for you."

"Oh...yeah, that."

"I know you knew."

"Know what?" He can't keep up with his little game and starts to giggle.

"I know you knew what I was talking about." I chuckle too.

"I was just trying to mention it without being awkward." Silence. "I tried."

"It's fine." But why he wants to talk about it? "But why?"

"I've been overthinking about it. I fought with Joanna last night. Again."

"That sucks." I look down. "I see I'm causing trouble for you two."

"Stop, you're not." He says, leaning his hand on my left leg. "I believe she is jealous of us."

"Oh please, tell her that there's no need of jealousy. I mean..." I make a weird face as if he knows why.

"Why wouldn't she be jealous of us? It's not impossible, you know."

"So you think she should be jealous of us?"

He nods. We're both shy talking like this. If he thinks Joanna is right of being jealous, does that means something between us could actually happen? Now I'm confused. He said he loved her, thankful for having her by his side and now that my feelings show up, will he replace her with me? So he doesn't feel the same way at all?

"What do you mean? I know you like this different kind of attention coming from me, but I want you to be clear about this. Am I the only one having these feelings?"

I can see in my voice that I'm hurt by all the paranoids. I need some answers.

"[Y/N], I wanted to tell you something but I didn't know how so now that you asked..."

I lift my eyebrows, waiting for him.

"I always had these... feelings for you. I didn't know if I should risk our friendship, I didn't know if you felt the same way. So I tried to move on. I knew that Cassidy was into me so I gave it a shot. I saw how sad you got, but I was afraid I was misunderstanding the situation. A week later, you were with Tommy Richardson and heading to the prom."

Oh my God. He's actually talking about it. I have to change the subject before I feel the need to tell him the truth. This revelation is quite enough for me to make me regret every decision I made on that prom day.

"So you're saying that this is mutual?"

"Yes." He looks down. "But, you know..."

"We will still be friends, no matter what."

"I wasn't gonna say that." That's surprising. I can't believe that this is actually happening. "I think something would definitely happen between us if we let ourselves do so."

I get up. I don't know what to do so I start walking in circles. I hate when I get to this point: I'm basically a pile of anxiety and despair. I lean my back against this column. On the top of it, there's a solar clock. He comes at me and holds my hand. I get surprised by the act and his eyes look for mine, but they are far away from here.

"Lil pie." His face gets closer to mine. "I don't wanna pressure you or make you create expectations, but I can't keep denying these feelings for you. I just wanted to be honest with you."

"I'm so glad you told me that. I know it's not easy to open up like this..."

His face gets even closer. He stares at my lips while my eyes look to his hands going up on my arms. His left-hand slides, going to my lower back, making me shiver. He opens up a smile and I can't help it. I smile back. I believe he's going to kiss me. I can't, even though I want to. He's engaged. His lips are just some inches away from mine. He looks at my eyes as if he is asking permission. I can't do this.

"I'm really sorry Andy but... I can't do this." He steps back.

"I understand. I would be wrong too. You deserve better."

"Don't say that." I'm a bit hesitant to keep going. "Any girl would be lucky to have you by her side."

"I would be lucky to have you by my side."

I can't contain the smile. I look to his feet so I don't blush even more.

"You already have me."

"Not the way I want you."

"Andy you're engaged." I remind him.

"But I'm not happy."

I don't wanna be the one who's going to end up his relationship. She can give him so much, things that maybe I can't. She has been with him since he was heartbroken by Cassidy, helped and supported him. And I wasn't there.

"Andrew, I want you too. More than you know. But I won't make you break up with Joanna or cause a fight between you two."

"You don't need to. Lil pie, I want you. Isn't that enough for us?" He cups my face, bringing my face close to his.

"I don't wanna be the one you cheated with."

"I won't do that to you. God, you deserve so much and I wanna be the one who's going to give you the whole world."

I've been hurt before. Tommy Richardson was the horrible mistake I have made in high school that brought me a million consequences. I tried giving love a chance. I met Aaron at acting classes and he was the perfect gentleman. I was hesitant to try anything but he was always the one to make the first move. After 5 months dating, he got to my house really drunk and making no sense. He tried to abuse me and we broke up. It brought me serious mental issues. But I'm willing to bet on Andy with everything I have.