not planning to tell.

Teri looks worried. She has been walking around for 15 minutes, looking for something. Her shoes tapping the floor is giving me anxiety.

"Can't you just tell me what are you looking for?" I beg.

"It's just a thing."

"That's not really helpful."

She starts messing up the couch, throwing pillows to the air and kicking the carpet. She has been avoiding talking too much with me - I believe our longest conversation this weak was 3 minutes, last night.

I start looking for something I don't know. My hands go through portraits and vases, for something she doesn't want to tell me.

"You don't need to help me, I'm sure I can find it."

I open a drawer and something peculiar catches my attention. A used pregnancy test is thrown between papers and frippery. My breath stops for a second and she stops moving around when realizes how shook I am. We are still. Not even a single word is spoken right now. We both know who took this pregnancy test.

I take the pregnancy test carefully, almost fearing it. She can see that I'm not thinking clearly and I can smell her preoccupation. The drawer closing is the only sound in the room.

"When were you going to tell me?" I say, still gazing at the stick.

"I wasn't planning to tell you" she says being fully honest.

"You know I would find out sooner or later" that's obvious.

"No you wouldn't" she replies, almost immediately.

She turns and sits on the messy couch. My face shows perplexity and doubt. She was not gonna tell me. That's the saddest part.

"It is Chad's," she confesses "but I decided to break up with him."

"What? Why?" I can't hide my perplexity.

"Because it was not even that serious and we both know we would be awful parents. I don't even know if he would be interested in the baby."

I sit next to her. "I would be a terrific mother, I know that. But I think it would be better for the kid to have a father figure around."

"But I'm not having this baby."

"What do you mean?" I ask too soon. She doesn't want that baby. She's gonna get rid of it before it even comes to life. "I'm not gonna let you do this."

"You don't have a say in this matter [Y/N]." she gets up furiously.

"I'm your best friend and you can count on me for everything. Even taking care of a baby." My voice gets louder, to prove my point.

"I'm not going to ruin my career because of a baby."

"Only weak women let obstacles interfere on their lives. Not that this baby is an obstacle... it's a miracle, it's just... think through about it. Remember that I'm here for you, no matter what."

She marches upstairs and leaves me alone in the living room. I can't believe she wasn't going to tell me. After everything we have been through together. She was actually hiding this from me. I lean my back on the couch and I feel my breath so short and heavy that I think my anxiety is consuming me.

I text Andy.

I can't hang out this evening, I'll try to explain it later. Bye <3

I was thinking of putting luv ya in the end, but...