meet me on the second floor.

All these people dressed up, drinking fancy cocktails and talking about their superficial lives. This is not really my place. Andy seems to enjoy himself among his SNL's friends and colleagues. He ended up meeting new people from the company and he looks radiant.

I'm sitting in this white velvet chair with this disgusting champagne. I don't really seem to be enjoying, so Andy calls me from the middle of the room. I walk towards the big group of tuxedo men and some of them I recognize from bumping on the hallways.

"I want you to meet my girlfriend, [Y/N]." he says, holding my hips and bringing me closer. I open a shy smile.

"I've seen her before" one of the men say.

"I'm acting in Parks and Recreation this season" I say shyly.

"Oh... Pratt told us a lot about you" he completes, and the other seems to feel the same way.

"Well, I'm flattered." Try to be more open, more social.

They keep talking but my attention keeps going around. All these other actors... in these moments I miss Teri. I actually asked her to come with us, since I could bring someone as my guest, but she decided to stay at home watching movies all alone. I wish I could be with her right now.

I need to drink something drinkable from the bar. I interrupt Andy with my sudden gesture. He stops talking and looks at me, so as everybody else in the little circle. I say quite low, "I'm gonna get a drink."

He nods, but in his face, there's no radiant smile as before. I believe he already got it. He knows I'm not having a good time.

I walk among all the chairs and people sipping their horrible champagne. The bar is quite empty, except for two men which I don't recognize sitting on the stools, holding drinks with funny umbrellas. The bartender looks at me.

"Give me a beer" I order.

"We don't serve beer in this event, I'm sorry" he says, unfortunately.

What party doesn't have a beer?

I leave with a disappointed face. I got to make my way through the crowd again and this entire laugh attacks my anxiety. All these fake people, except for the rarities I've known. I see this blond woman walking in the middle of the throng and something about her catches my attention. Her princess amazon green dress suddenly changes the mood of the party for me, centering the eyes on the big green point in the ballroom.

The expensive jewelry resting on her clavicle and the flamboyant headpiece makes me pay attention to the details of her physiognomy. It is from Joanna.

My pace gets quicker and my breath gets smaller. What is she doing here? Who invited her?

My steps are heavy on the floor and my dress makes passing through the chairs harder than it should be. She is by herself but surrounded by people who I recognize as Andy's colleagues. She smiles and waves her head and everybody around seems to enjoy her company.

She sees me and her smile instantly go away. Her eyes are dark with all the black eyeshadow she wears. We don't say anything but keep staring at each other.

"[Y/N]" she says looking disgusted.

"Joanna." I retribute in the same way.

The bitter taste in my lips makes me wanna start arguing right here, right now.

"Who invited you?" I ask, wondering who would want her company.

"Andy" she replies with a sarcastic and provocative smile.

It can't be possible, I came with him. Oh wait... Each one could bring a guest. Why would he bring her if he is with me?

I walk away, with the same heavy steps I came. I listen to her saying loudly. "It was good to see ya."

I see Andy still around the SNL crew, laughing. I touch his forearm and I take his attention. He looks at me and he sees the state of mind I am right now. His face is confused and his eyes keep staring at me, trying to find out what is going on. We can't talk right here, in the middle of his friends.

"We need to talk. Meet me on the second floor." I leave.

I look back and Andy is watching me leave with the same confused face.

What was I thinking? Of course, he is not over her. I don't know what he is planning, but I am willing to find out what we are. He introduced me to his friends as his girlfriend, but that doesn't mean anything if his ex is in the same party as me as his guest. I don't really know what goes through his mind.

I find myself breathless after walking up the entire staircase until the second floor. There sofas and little tables with drinks and snacks. The press is doing interviews with the celebrities on the adorned hallways of the hotel. I try to find somewhere quiet and empty so we can talk. I look back and I see Andy coming at me with the glass of tasteless champagne on his hand.

He comes close and tries to kiss me, assuming that I called him so we would make out. I walk back and he makes the same confused face.

"We need to talk."