Chapter 10

We locked eyes briefly, followed by my sudden regain of composure capability. I dusted myself off even though I never hit the ground, and started feet movement to portray that my feet may have went to sleep.

I felt so strange to myself. I had never been acknowledged by males at school other than wanting a piece of candy or to cheat one of my answers. I knew I was not handling this situation to perfection but never the less I had still maintained some dignity. Worst scenario I feared was completely falling, or even vomiting. I actually thought this guy was rather nice.

"Are you ok?" He asked with concern.

"I am fine. My foot must have went to sleep. I am good to go now." I answered showing off I could walk now.

"Do you want to catch up to your mother and aunt? " he asked. Oh no. This is where he ditches me too. Maybe I had lost my dignity after all. My stumble could be why he wants to flee.

"I am sure they are not too far ahead of me." I answered. If I knew my aunt as well as I thought I did, I was sure she was spying on me near by.

"You mentioned they forgot to give you spending money, and you look like a girl with expensive taste." He said now smiling. I was astonished. My mouth was probably wide open like a baby bird waiting for its mother to feed. I had to wrap my mind around this. He thought I had expensive taste, Or maybe he was worried I would want him to spend money on me? Never the less I wanted to seek a little revenge at my mother and aunt for leaving me hanging on this test they thought I needed. This was going to now cost them. Well, more so my Aunt Trudy.

I smiled back, he offered his elbow back for me to hold, and my feet managed to work correctly. I felt like I was floating through the parking lot. He was making small talk and I was in la la land. I just gave short answers or a giggle to questions he asked me.

We arrived to the entrance of the mall. He opened the door for me and we entered the massive shopping center together. I looked around taking in my surroundings. Our small town stores could never equal this. Music was playing, lights was every where, plants with expensive pots decorated the entrance, and elevator options. My expression must of gave away my astonishment.

"First time being here?" He asked smiling. I knew it showed. I nodded and smiled back.

"You are in for a treat." He said admiring my expression. I could understand now why he feared I had expensive taste. I was sure he would learn more about me than he bargained for. I would get the bare minimum that I required. That was how I was raised.

I continued to look around. My prediction was right. My Aunt Trudy and my mother was spying. They made themselves look busy looking at sunglasses. I knew better than that. My mother never wore them and Aunt Trudy had multiple pairs of sunglasses. I had a smug feeling starting to stir inside me. I smiled at one of their quick glances they made to me to let them know they was caught.

"I spotted my mother and my aunt." I stated to more myself but also to Tristen. He smiled and looked around trying to spot them. So I pointed them out to show them they was for sure caught.

"Would you like to meet them? Or wait on me?" I asked.

"I think I will sit here on this bench and let you catch up to them. When you finish just come and get me." He answered smiling. I flashed him a smile and made my way to my mother and aunt who was now trying on sunglasses.

"How's it going?" My excited aunt asked immediately. My mother stood by her eager to listen, and smiling brightly.

"Thanks to you, it's going totally unpredictable." I answered coldly.

"Who is the guy?" My mother quickly asked.

"His name is Tristen. We met in the parking lot when you two ditched me." I answered.

"You do realize, I have no money. You two was in such a hurry to leave me, that you forgot to give me a few dollars for school essentials." I stated while turning to face my aunt with my hand out.

She laughed and reached for her wallet. My mother also reached for her own wallet. My aunt took notice and quickly put her hands over my moms and just smiled.

"I got this Missy. Don't worry." My Aunt gave my mom a reassuring smile. My mother slowly put her wallet away. My aunt then continued to take some money from her wallet. She handed me some money and gave me the same reassuring smile she gave my mom. It was in an envelope so I just took it and hurried back to Tristen before they asked anymore questions.

He was good as his word. He was waiting like he said he would be. He flashed me a big bright smile when he saw me approaching him. He stood up and extended his elbow for me to hold. Life felt good right now.