Chapter 32

I wasted no time finding myself a small breakfast. My mother was already sitting in the family room, watching her television programs. I smiled at her as I passed by. She smiled back and went back to her programs.

I enjoyed a banana and an English Muffin for breakfast. I decided not to bother my mother, so I went outside to retrieve my hidden bikini.

It looked like it was going to turn out to be a rainy day. The dark clouds and small breeze shifted around the sky. I swiftly made it to the bush and found my bikini. I stuffed it into the pocket of my robe. I could not resist looking over at Danica's house. I saw no activity so most likely she was sleeping in.

After this weekend passed, school would start in 3 days. I normally would be almost in tears knowing the ridicule that lied ahead. This year I almost felt normal. I knew that my cellphone from Tristen would most likely be dated, but I was content with knowing I had one. I also was stipulating that my clothing styles maybe more of last year designs, but I was content that I had a curvy figure that balanced it out rather than voluptuous and round.

There was more spark in my life. I may still be a dreamer, but I could also be an achiever. I had stability for a change. Knowing that made my heart soar.

I was anxious to learn more about the cellphone. I decided to go back in and discover what all it had. I walked back to my bedroom and first put my bikini up. I remembered that I had skipped out on my work outs, so I wanted to complete one before I started anything else.

My afternoon flew by. After my workout I showered, and dressed. Then I browsed around on the phone for quite some time. It was a good phone. It had internet and all of the latest features of what was bragged about around school. Tristen had left me a picture of him smiling next to his car. I could not control a small giggle slipping out.

I decided I should take a picture of myself to send to him as a surprise. I applied some make up and brushed through my hair before snapping some "selfies" as the preppy girls quoted around school. I hit the send button and instantly Tristen responded. He was full of flattery. We texted the afternoon away. I finally announced I was going to find some lunch.

I stuffed the phone in my pocket and made my way to the kitchen. I didn't see my mother in sight. I prepared some lunch, and sat at the table to eat.

My mother appeared not too long after, drenched from the rain.

"Wow! It's really coming down out there. I should have went to the garden this morning before the rain hit." My mother said while drying herself with a hand towel. I gave a little snicker.

"What have you been doing all afternoon? I have barely saw you today?" My mother asked while patting her hair dry. I pulled the phone out of my pocket smiling, while holding my sandwich with my free hand. My mother rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"It's official, I have a love stuck teenager in the house." My mother said winking and smiling. She started putting away some fresh picked vegetables in the refrigerator.

"I am trying to get hints out of him on our upcoming date." I said proudly. I was also trying to remind her that I was able to go if he came to dinner at our home. My mother didn't respond. She just continued adding her vegetables to the refrigerator.

I finished my lunch up and cleaned up after myself. I looked out the window at the rain streaming down. I knew that the day would be soggy, and house bound. My mother was getting ready for dinner preparation. I decided to go back to my room and text with Tristen.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow night?" I texted once I stretched out on my bed.

"Still thinking on it." He replied. This was almost like waiting to open gifts on Christmas morning. The suspense was trying to take over me.

"You must have some sort of idea in mind!" I asked persistently.

"Kinda. But you will have to be patient." Was my answer. I was sure he was smiling, agonizing me with little to no details of the subject.

"You should face time me." Was his next message. I knew it had to do with video chatting, but I was not clear on how to do it.

"What do I do to get it started?" Was my reply message.

"Go to the app called Face Time. It should give you step by step instructions." Was his answer. I searched for his app, but I had no luck. He said that it was ok because he had some errands to run for his mother. He promised to text me when he was finished. I told him I would try to be patient and he promised he would not be too long.

I decided to allow the phone to charge while I waited. I stretched out and was almost asleep when I heard the door bell ring. I suppose I still had a guilty conscious of my behavior at Danica's and I feared each call or the door bell would mean Danica or her parents was going to rat me out. I swallowed the gulp in my throat and silently walked down the hall to peak at who was there.