Chapter 11

I am not sure what took over me. I had worried so long and fretted that I had no idea who I should be with my new look, when in fact I was me the whole time.

I had not changed that much on the inside. I still liked slip on shoes, and mustard on my hot dog. My needs and likes remained the same. I had myself confused on even those types of little things.

What had changed was my confidence. I really never knew how to carry it out for myself. I am sure I always had some but I buried it deep inside me and only found it in desperate measures. Those desperate measures was generally affiliated with Danica's bullying mechanisms. I had some means not to let her totally get the best of me. What bothered me was the followers she had to give me the same response and outlook on me that she had.

And now look at me. In a huge shopping mall with a total hottie beside me.

Tristen was a little quite after my meeting with my mom and my aunt. The silence was brief before I managed to ask where the best shops to visit was. I had to keep him entertained by being myself. I would pass this test if it killed me. Of coarse his response told me a little about him.

He led me to the sports shops. I would have never guessed it by what he was wearing. He had on a pair of khaki pants, looked to be dockers when I stole a glance at his butt. He matched up a flannel button up with the red and light brown stripes. His shirt was tucked in and he polished his look off with the flat boot shoes with the thread peeking around the soles. I thought his look was more of a church attire. Little did I know.

He was beaming with pride as he showed me around the shop. I paid close attention to his likes to learn more about he was showing me. So when he asked me a question or my opinion I would have some kind of response to come up with.

I soon learned his likes was golf, and softball. I knew nothing about either sport. He was describing how many drivers he had and by all of these brands that I knew nothing of. I smiled and pretended to follow along.

After he showed me what he had established in his collection he then showed what he hoped to add to his collection. I was fighting back yawns. I must have given a tired reaction because he looked at me curiously and smiled.

"You must not be a big sports fan. Of coarse not. You are more of a fashionista I assume." He stated waiting with a curious look on his face.

"Honestly, I am not really a sports type. But not because I am a fashionista. I am not that either." I answered. He looked at me with confusion.

"I have an idea. How about we find a nice snack bar and get some drinks and share some nacho's? I know you have to eat, and we can get more acquainted," he asked in a hopeful manner. I laughed.

"Your on." I answered happily.

I followed him to a small snack bar. The smell was enticing. I had the smell of popcorn waffling my nose. Popcorn was always one of my weakness's. Inside the snack bar was a long bar area accompanied by some stools. The walls was decorated with snack foods. They lined walls walls with a couple of booths that could sit 2 people, and on the other wall was trash containers. In the middle was a couple of full tables and chairs. Tristen suggested I pick out a sitting spot and he would order for us.

He came back with his hands full. He had managed to juggle two soda's, and nacho's with side choices for the nacho's. I giggled as I reached out to lighten his load.

"I suppose I should have asked your preferences before ordering. I just got you a cola, and I was not sure what all you liked on your nacho's so I just put chili and peppers on the side." he said in hopes that I was impressed rather than disappointed. 

"It works for me. I am not that choosey." I said with a reassuring smile. He looked like I lifted a burden from his shoulder. He settled in the booth and began gulping on his soda. I started to put my straw inside my cup. 

"So I know your not that much into sports, and I now know that your not that big of a fashionista. I would have never thought that, but please eloberate more on yourself." He stated while dipping into the nacho's.

I began to tell him that I generally wore what was appealing to me, and if I liked it, and it fit, I wore it. He laughed at my response. We continued with casual conversation. I learned that he had his own car. He was proud of his wheels. He owned a Mustang, and had put a lot of work into it. I listened intentently. I could never imagine my parents buying me a nicer vehicle that what they owned. But I dared not to say anything. 

He also went into detail of his school life. He was actively involved in many clubs, and played on the golf team. He asked if I was involved in any after school activities, and I shook my head no. He asked me about my school, and I briefly described some of my better experiences. I changed the topic soon after. 

We finished off the nacho's and he took out his cellphone and noticed the time. 

"Oh wow. We have been sitting here for over an hour. I suppose we had better get you to some of the stores so you can get your school essentials." he said as he gathered up all of our trash. We stepped out of the snack shop and he reached for my hand rather than extending his elbow. His hand was soft and warm. My first experience ever holding a guys hand. I felt accepted for a change. I had a warm sensation to parade down by body. We started out the shop and on our way to other stores. I was happy.