Chapter 36

I awoke the following morning feeling some what distressed, but I was still quite motivated to see this day through.

I had balanced out most of my stipulations with the conclusion that I had to be myself with Tristen and enjoy our date.

I checked my phone for any messages. I was surprised I had none. I decided to be thoughtful and message him.

"Only 8 more hours before I see your sweet face." I felt a certain amount of relief sending the message after my restless night. I wanted to wait for a reply, but I really wanted to restore my energy. I was very hungry this morning and I wanted a quick bite with my family. I sat the phone back down on my bed side table, grabbed my robe, and walked to the kitchen.

My father was sitting at the table, watching mom finish preparing breakfast. He was wearing his gardening clothes. I knew he would be in the garden most of the day. Summer months had flew by. My mother was finishing bacon and fresh squeezed orange juice.

"Good morning sweetheart. Are you excited about tonight?" Asked my mother. My father was anticipating my answer, sipping on his coffee.

"I am. I feel a little overwhelmed, but I assume that is normal right?" I asked with concern.

"Perfectly normal. You are overwhelmed with all of the changes you made for yourself, the upcoming start of school, and balancing a boy as well." My mother reassured me. She began placing the table. I assisted her with what she could not carry. It smelled delicious. She had made country ham, bacon, biscuits, gravy, eggs, and sausage links. She had also took the liberty of leaving me out an orange, after juicing most of the rest. I added some fruit spread to some toast, added my orange, and poured myself some fresh orange juice. It had been hard to make healthy choices over my mothers wonderful cooking. I had learned self discipline the hard way.

My mother joined us at the table. My father said grace, and we all started to eat our breakfast. We all ate in silence. I know my mother must feel wonderful, when the food is so good that the only sounds that comes out our mouths is "mmmmm," in between bites.

After we had finished our breakfast, I helped my mother clear the table and wash up the dishes. My father had went out to the garden already.

I decided I would see if I had a reply from Tristen. I went to my room and reached for my phone. No return message yet. I could not help but to feel antsy. I tried to clear out the negative possibilities running through my head. I concluded that he must be sleeping in considering it was also his last Saturday to sleep in before the start of school. His school actually started before ours.

I needed to get a start on my day. I was only told to wear something similar to what I was wearing on our first meeting at the mall. I knew I was not going to wear the same outfit I wore then. I shifted through my closet. I was thinking of wearing something pink. I wanted to appear girly. I pulled out a light pink ruffled shirt. I was sure I had a cute scarf that would bring charisma to the shirt. I chose a white pair of capris to tie my look together. I did not know if I would meet the approval of my parents with my choice of capris rather than a skirt. I knew the nights was getting cooler and I also did not want to be self conscious of accidentally showing my under garmets.

I found a light pink and white striped scarf to bring style to my look. I was satisfied with my choices, so I hung my outfit on the back of my bedroom door. All I had left to decide was my shoes, hair, accessories, and make up.

I found a pink pair of slip on shoes that went well with my look. The rest of decisions would be made when it was closer time for my date.

I decided to check my phone to see if Tristen had messaged me back. I was relieved to see a message. He wrote, "Good morning beautiful, I cant wait to see you tonight." I smiled brightly. I had to figure out a way to make the day go by faster.

I threw on some old clothes, and decided to help my father in the garden. I knew time would fly staying busy.

As I walked past my mother to go outside, she cleared her throat. I stopped to see what was wrong.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" She asked. I was confused for a brief moment.

"Ah yes, my sun screen, and hat." I said smiling. I made my way to the bathroom and applied sunscreen to my skin that would be exposed to the sun. I

went to the coat closet and grabbed my hat. I was ready.

I found my father at the potato's in the garden. He smiled at me when he saw me. I grabbed a hoe and began to help him dig the potatoes from the ground.

We worked for an hour before he decided to take a water break. As we walked to the back deck, I heard my name called. I looked over and my stomach fell to my feet. Danica was at the fence.