Chapter 18

I finally moved out of the window and decided to make something of my day. I would be anticipating mom and dad discussing over my future dating life all day, and I had to make the time pass.

I knew going outside was not an option. My mother would probably grab my ear lobe and pull me into the house by it.

I thought back to the last day of school before my summer break began. I looked forward to it with dread and growled at the thought of summer heat. With the turn of events this summer, I was outside this summer like I was when I was 6 years old chasing my father around the yard on my hot pink bike.

Times had changed, and most of all I had changed. I could only imagine how all of this was affecting my parents.

I went to my closet and stared at all of the new clothing choices I now had. My closet was always bare before my visit to my Aunt Trudy's. Last year I had my dresser drawers stuffed full of sweats suits, athletic stretch wear, and stretch pants. I still had one of each saved in my drawers. The rest I had boxed under my bed. I should have let them go to those who really needed it, but I saved them as a reminder to who I once was.

Tristen would have never pictured me wearing any of my old clothes. I am almost certain he would have never given me a second glance if I still resembled the lost girl I once was. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself I was still the same person then as I was now, I knew there was a difference. My confidence level and my self control was not the same. I had developed a sense of arrogance as well, but I was far from conceited.

I fondled through my hanging clothes. I had such an assortment now. I think I was just wanting to touch them to make sure they was really mine and not going anywhere. As I admired, I could not help to wonder what Tristen had in mind to do on our pending date. A date. It was such a change to think of that word. I laughed. I felt like pulling out a dress and dancing around with it to let some of my happiness unleash. I realized that was something Cinderella would have done, I shook my head against it.

I went to my dresser instead and pulled out a simple pair of elastic waisted shorts, and a simple blue t shirt with a pocket. I knew my sunburn would protest any clothes, but at least I could move more freely in these clothes. I was almost certain that we was not going anywhere today.

I went to my bed and stretched out. I pictured Tristen's smile. That brought a smile to my lips. I wondered if I was ready for the dating life? I suppose that was the one thing in life that just happens, you can not really prepare yourself for it. The way I feel inside being with him or talking to him gave me comfort. I felt alive again, like I belonged. I had missed out on so much. I could handle it. It felt right. I only hoped that my father and mother came to an agreement. I suspected that they had enough trust in me not chaperone our date. I was ready. I just hoped my sunburn would transform into a nice tan so that I would be truly comfortable.