Hidden Mask

-recap-

Hoseok grabs my arm and winks, "Thank your oppa right here for having taken cover for you." Jimin clears his voice and Hoseok laughs even louder patting his back.

"Jiminnie do not worry I will not steal y/n. All yours, I already have my number one."

I smiled and whispered to Hoseok, "And I do too. Also, we have to talk about something meet me at my place after school bring Yoongi." We both laughed between each other and he nods getting the memo.

It's the middle of April exams are soon coming up and then comes the dance of the school and then the graduation and finally my departure. My parents have already bought my ticket I will leave right after my graduation because they want me to take a summer program in the States.

Wait.

I already passed it.

The exam was not that hard Jimin helped me study every morning and every night.

I have not told Jimin that part. First I wanted to tell the guys before telling Jimin. Taehyung and Jungkook already knew as well since they were there when my parents told me. They both said that whatever I choose they will be there for me, however, I do not want to do this to them without knowing what I will choose.

Jimin said he is already writing his book and that he is just waiting until my graduation to leave the school and continue writing. I miss them.

The dance.

That to happened.

Dancing with Jimin with his suit and his beautiful hair. I have not seen him in two years. Yoongi and Hoseok they seemed so in love I wonder how they are doing. Sungyoon became Jae's boyfriend during the dance. She confessed to him. That is definitely something not many people would do. Lucy and Taehyung they still send me cards of how they both moved out already. Jungkook and Scarlet are still together.

Jungkook still is in school and he lives with mom and dad. However, he is also planning to move out and become an artist.

Namjoonie and Jin. They got married. I went to their wedding but that was like a few months after we graduated. Jimin was no longer there. They said he moved and that he published his book. I never heard an email from him neither a text message.

Waking up from my daydream I hear my desk being slammed.

"Y/n quit your snoozing you have a story I want you to write."

I hear my boss tell me. Yes, I am already in New York. I have been here for 3 years already. I am one of the writers of the biggest magazine company, BIG HITT.

-end recap-

I rub my eyes and see my boss standing before me. I feel like I had the longest dream. I remembered everything from before. Jimin, Jin, Taehyung, Jungkook, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Sungyoon, Lucy, Scarlet. It really has been 3 years.

I look around and see my coworkers looking at me worried. I stand up and bow in apology to my boss. He sighs and then smiles.

"Y/n the chairman wants to see you."

I put an awkward smile and pout.

"Are you serious? Is it about the article you want me to write about?"

He nods and has me follow him to the chairman's room. He knocks before letting himself in. I have only seen the chairman once and that was his back. Now I am about to see him face to face.

I follow him inside and lift my head to see who our chairman was. All I knew was his name Bang Si-Hyunkk. Everyone says he is actually very sweet and that he is like a father. However, looking at him I sensed the power he emitted. I bow at the sight of him and he clears his throat before looking at my boss.

"So this is the person you say should take on the article?"

He nods and then Bang Si-Hyunkk looks back at me. I smiled back and just stood still fearing that a single movement would be the end.

"It's a pleasure to meet you y/n. I have read many of your articles and so far they are the most intriguing. I expect great things from you."

He shows his smile and extends his arm for a handshake. I felt my whole body release from a stiffness.

I quickly shake his hand and introduce myself, "Hello my name is y/n and I am the writer for new books from your company, BIG HITT. It is a pleasure to meet you."

He smiles and then hands me a news article and I skim through it. Apparently, there is a new book released. The author...this author has released already released his second book?

"I am sure you have already heard of this author. I saw one of your articles include his name. P JM. A name which is known to the world yet his face hidden from the world."

I know last time when I wrote an article based off him he just released his first book. It was a romance novel of a college student and their teacher. The story was told off the teachers perspective. The funny thing is I can relate to many scenes to the story.

"I believe this is his sequel to the first book, Meet you. I tried to get an interview with him last time but he never answered the emails."

"The truth is I have done my own research on him he is around your age and the only people who know his face are his close friends."

I nod to the information given and I can already predict what it is that he wants me to do.

"I want you to find his identity under the mask."

Bingo! We have a winner.

"Of course you want the identity. Okay, I will help you find it but first I need to know. Who are the people who know him?"

He nods his head and hands me a list of names attached with faces. These people. Out of everyone in the world, I am sent back to where it all started. I felt my face turn pale, the food I devoured a few hours prior hit my throat.

I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath in.

"By when do you want this information?"

"Give it to me by the end of this week and you might see a promotion in your future."

I gave an awkward smile and bowed before turning and heading towards the door. Before I exited I turned around and told him, "You will get your information sooner than that."

I headed back to my office and grabbed my things. I turned towards my co-workers and waved to them goodbye before leaving. Calling my parents I told them I will take the first flight back and to make sure Taehyung and Jungkook wait for me.

"Oh y/n you are really coming back??" I hear Jungkook say through the phone. I could not help but smile and miss hearing his voice after so long.

"You bet I am and I am reclaiming my room. Do not tell anyone I am heading back yet. It is a surprise."

I put on my winter coat and gloves before heading out. The snow was starting to come down and I knew that most likely that the flights would be delayed.

I called the companies private airplane and set a time to leave for today once the sky cleared out a bit. I headed back home and packed all my things into one suitcase. I hoped that this would take only a few days and that the guys would tell me the identity of the guy behind the mask.

I could not think of any names that all the guys would possibly know and yet I have no idea of. I was reading his new story and once again I felt so related to it. 3 years have passed and yet they both have not been able to see each other. They both went their different ways yet he still thinks of her. The ending is that they meet different people.

"I waited 2 years for you to tell me that they met different people! And yet you are still leaving it on to be continued!"

I wrote down all the questions I had for this author and looked out the window and saw the sky has cleared I grabbed my things and headed towards the airport.

Seoul here I come.

-to be continued-