Chapter One ☆

CHAPTER REVISED: 10 April 2021

" pieces - sum 41 "

" fighter  christina aguilera "

" stronger - kelly clarkson "

" survivor -  destiny's child "

" no love  eminem, lil wayne "

Life had never been very easy for Colbie Knowles; she was the younger sister of Tara Knowles, the pretty girl that fell hard for a guy that was destined to be in a biker gang that seemingly ran their little California town of Charming.

Her home life was abusive, but no one on the outside knew that. The bruises remained hidden and the terrible verbal abuse was only spoken behind closed doors. Mr. and Mrs. Knowles made damn sure that their family's appearance remained intact and that they looked like the perfect cookie cutter family.

Behind closed doors, however, was where the damage was done. Tara, as the first-born child, was treated drastically different than Colbie. Every single time that Tara had stepped out of line, earned a bad grade in school, or had gotten herself into some sort of trouble, it was written off as her being a typical teenager and going through a rebellious phase.

However, for Colbie, it was the complete opposite.

Every single time that the younger Knowles child got herself into any sort of trouble or earned a grade less than an A, she was grounded, yelled at, and smacked around a bit. Her father did more of the verbal abuse, whereas her mother did the physical. Regardless of whatever they had done towards her, Colbie had to act as if her home life was all sorts of rainbows and butterflies, when all she wanted to do was runaway.

As she got older, Colbie quickly learned that if she stayed with friends, she was able to get away from her parents' abuse at least for the night.

By the time that she was a teenager, Colbie seemed to have a little extra baby fat on her, or so her mother claimed, and often withheld food from her to keep her from gaining any weight. There had been days where she hadn't gotten any food at home, but rather from her friends at lunch time so that she wouldn't shrivel up into nothing.

WIthout her few close friends, Colbie knew that she wouldn't have survived her childhood as best as she did.

The people of Charming expected Colbie to follow in Tara's footsteps, both with a biker boy and the rap sheet that went along with him, but she never gave in to their lowly expectations. In a sick and twisted way, Colbie could partially thank her mother for that. It also helped that she had this devoted hatred of the noisy and death-defying metal machines, more commonly referred to as motorcycles. She didn't enjoy the noise, she didn't like the wind messing with her hair, she didn't like the uncertain safety factors, nothing.