Chapter Four ☆

CHAPTER REVISED: 24 August 2021

" Where You Lead -  Carole King "

" Best Friend - Saweetie Ft. Doja Cat "

" Matchmaker, Matchmaker - Ella Fitzgerald "

" You Make Me Feel... - Cobra Starship Ft. Sabi "

" Just the Girl - The Click Five "

PRESENT DAY

06 APRIL 2008 (SUNDAY)

After having a quick dinner with Juice, Colbie went back to her bedroom and sulked a bit more before bed. It was her brain not wanting to turn off her thoughts that kept her awake for a while, so when her alarm went off the next morning, she wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone or anything that day and turned it off.

Just as she had started to fall back asleep, Colbie heard a light knocking on her door and then watched it open slowly. Already knowing that it was Gemma, the younger female turned over in her bed so that she was able to face the other.

"Come on, baby. Time to get up. You can't let that bitch sister of yours ruin your day," she spoke.

"Gemma, I just want to lay here today," Colbie spoke. "I'm just not feeling work today. I didn't sleep very well last night and I don't have the energy to do much today."

"Clay isn't going to like that the garage is going to be behind because you couldn't drag your ass out of bed. He really won't like it when he finds out why," Gemma spoke, even though she understood the reason Colbie was out of it.

"Momma, I just want to lay here today," Colbie spoke. "I'm just not feeling work today and I really don't want to be around people either. I just need one day. If Clay has a problem with that, just let him know that I'll make up the hours I missed during the week. You and I both know that I don't do much besides work anyway."

Sighing softly, Gemma nodded her head. "One day," she agreed. "I'm only giving you one day. So, you'd better make sure that you at least shower and eat something. You can mope around, but you still need to take care of yourself. Being upset is absolutely no reason to let yourself go. If anything, a shower may do some good for your feelings."

"Yes, Momma," Colbie spoke, soon watching the older woman walk out of the room.

It didn't take long for Colbie to realize that laying around all day wasn't going to brighten up her mood, but rather that it would push her further from it.

Sitting up in her bed, the female sighed dramatically before moving her covers and swinging her legs over the edge of her bed. Putting her flip flops on, Colbie pushed herself off of her bed and went to her dresser to find an outfit for the day.