Chapter Thirty

After having spoken his peace with Happy, Juice walked back into the clubhouse, texting Colbie along his way

He simply warned her that Happy was looking for her and that she was correct in knowing that the older male would try to pressure him into getting where she was from him.

Happy may have been one of he scarier members of the Sons, but he was also one of the most predictable when it came to Colbie's opinion of him. She seemed to be able to call that he was going to want to know where she was living now and whom she was with, so the female knew that she was going to have to stay ahead.

xx

Outside, Happy didn't know what to do. He hadn't felt like this about a female before, as he had always seen them as a pleasure source and occasional time passer, nothing permanent. Colbie was different, though. Happy knew that, Colbie knew it, but Happy wasn't ready to admit it just yet.

As for how he was going to fix this situation, Happy hadn't the slightest clue. The only way he knew how to fix things was by ignoring them until the problem went away or by killing. Either solution in this case wasn't going to work, so the male knew that he was going to have to figure this one out on his own.

A few minutes later, Happy had come up with an idea, now he just needed to find Juice to be able to follow through with it.

xx

Hours later, after having helped Juice get drunk to the point of passing out, Happy grabbed for the younger male's phone and looked up Colbie's message thread. He figured that if he pretended to be Juice and claimed that he, Happy, was in such a mood that he needed a place to stay that night, Colbie would eventually give up her new address. 

After going back and forth a few times with the female, Happy eventually had convinced her enough to give up her address and would now use this to his advantage. He now had her address and he was going to ride to her house and figure out how to apologize for his stupidity.

Happy had figured out what he was going to say, but the moment that he pulled into the driveway, everything seemed to disappear from his mind and he was at a total loss. Regardless of not remembering what all he wanted to say to the female, Happy needed to man up and fix this. Talking to her shouldn't have been this difficult, as he had literally killed multiple people and had to hide the mess and make sure that he left no evidence behind that would point to him as the guilty party.

Getting off of his bike, Happy walked up to the door and let himself in. Colbie had told "Juice" that he was allowed to just walk in, so if he knocked, there was a good chance that Colbie would know it was him immediately.

Walking into the house, Happy quietly closed the door behind him and listened for any notice of which direction of the house he needed to walk towards to find the female.

Almost immediately, he heard noises coming from what he assumed was the kitchen, so the male stalked off in that direction.

Standing in the doorway of the kitchen, Happy watched, mesmerized, as Colbie seemed to just float around the kitchen.

"Hey," Happy spoke in his usual tone.

Scaring Colbie, the female shrieked loudly. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I'm here for you," Happy spoke.

"You got him drunk and stole his phone, didn't you?" Colbie questioned, being guilty of doing just that herself a few times.

"I needed to find out where you lived and he wasn't going to help me otherwise," Happy spoke.

"I don't know why," Colbie spoke. "It's not like I mean anything to you, so I don't know why you're even here."

Hearing the words flow from Colbie's mouth so casually really put a damper on the male's mood. He hadn't realized just how much he had hurt the female until she spoke those words. It was only then that what Juice had said to him really hit home.

"You're my girl," Happy spoke, not really knowing how to project his emotions into the correct words that he wanted to use.

"I'm not your girl, Happy," Colbie spoke. "If I was, you wouldn't have fucked that blonde," she added.

"She doesn't mean anything to me," he grumbled.

"But, you having sex with her means something to me," the female spoke.

"I don't know what you want me to say," Happy said, almost vulnerably.

"I don't want you to say anything," Colbie answered. "But, I do want you to stop calling me your girl. I'm not anything more than an acquaintance to you, a failed mission from Clay if you prefer."

Happy watched as Colbie looked so defeated. The way she moved and the way she spoke, Happy cringed internally, knowing that this was all because of him.

"Please, just leave, Happy," Colbie said, her voice wavered.

"I'm not leaving until you're my girl," Happy spoke.

"I'll die first," Colbie spoke. "There's not enough food in this house to wait that one out."

"Not funny," he spoke.

"I wasn't trying to be funny," Colbie spoke. "I was being serious. I'm not your girl, Happy. Nor will I ever be," she added. "You can't keep your dick in your pants when I'm not around, so I can't trust you. If there's no trust, there's nothing. I'm not changing my mind either, so don't get any ideas."

"I'm not leaving until you change your mind," Happy challenged.

"Whatever," Colbie spoke, walking out of the room. "Just clean up after yourself if you're not leaving. And, don't forget to put the seat down after you pee."

Walking down the hallway to her bedroom, Colbie had a feeling that Happy wasn't going to leave her alone for awhile. Thankfully, she had poured herself a glass of wine only a few minutes before his arrival and it was still sitting untouched in the bedroom.

"You're always walking away from me," Happy spoke, following behind the female.

"I'm surprised that you're not used to it then," Colbie replied.

Entering the bedroom, Colbie spotted the glass on the side table and went straight for it. It was going to be a long night for sure if Happy didn't leave. And, it wasn't even going to be a fun night, so that wasn't thrilling in the least bit for her.