Chapter Ten ☆

CHAPTER REVISED: 09 April 2023

" hot 'n' cold - katy perry "

" 99 problems - jay-z "

" how could you - mario "

" question...? - taylor swift "

" this is real - jax jones ft. ella henderson "

PRESENT DAY

18 MAY 2008 (SUNDAY)

CONTINUED.

Looking towards Jax as she made her way from the hallway, Colbie watched as he ran his hand through his hair as he made his way towards the bar.

"What were you two fighting about this time?" Colbie questioned as she walked across the room towards the bar.

"I want a divorce and she wants to try and make things work for the sake of the kid," Jax answered rather promptly. "And, I'm pretty sure that she's fucking around with someone else."

"There's no way," Colbie spoke. "Whenever she's not with you, she's with me or she's at work. I don't see Wendy as being the cheating type anyway."

"I just don't know what to do anymore," Jax admitted. "It's just not going to work between her and me, not even for the kid. It's not fair to anyone to drag this out longer than it needs to be."

Looking towards her friend, Colbie sighed. "Jax, if you're not happy, get a divorce. It'll be healthier for the both of you, but you'd better step up when that baby is born. Or," she said, pausing momentarily for a dramatic effect. "You'll go home to Wendy and you don't leave until you have all this bullshit figured out."

Thinking about what the brunette had said to him, it was a moment before Jax spoke. "How is it that you always know the right advice to give someone?" he questioned.

"It's my secret talent, so you can't go around telling everyone," Colbie said with a grin.

xx

PRESENT DAY

19 MAY 2008 (MONDAY)

After having woken up multiple times during the night to get sick or pee, Colbie's stomach eventually settled long enough for her to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep before she finally had woken up for real.

Normally, breakfast wasn't on Colbie's mind this early, but after the long night that she had just had, it was such a welcomed idea.

Entering the kitchen area, Colbie looked in the fridge and the cabinets to see what was currently available before finding what she needed to make blueberry pancakes.