Chapter Thirty-Nine

It had been two days since Happy had left town to go back to Tacoma and declare being Nomad, so it had been rough on Colbie

It had been two days since Happy had left town to go back to Tacoma and declare being Nomad, so it had been rough on Colbie. She had gone from seeing Happy every day, then was without him for almost two weeks, just to come back for a couple of days before leaving again.

He had texted her a few times, letting her know that he had made it to Tacoma, went Nomad, then came back for all of a few hours just to help Clay with some sort of secret request. Then, he was heading to Bakersfield to see his mother, which he invited her to visit him while he was there. Happy had managed to find an apartment there near the nursing home that his mother was living in, so he was more than willing to let Colbie stay there for a few days so that he was able to see her.

Colbie, unfortunately, had gotten stuck doing a bunch of work around the garage when the guys had a few things to take care of. Which, also meant that soon enough, Colbie was going to have to tell Gemma about her health situation, and everything that had been going on with her and Happy.

Knowing that she was going to have the conversation with Gemma fairly soon, Colbie just kept her distance from the woman. The younger female knew that the SAMCRO matriarch was going to be able to sense that something was going on and eventually weasel it out of the girl, so Colbie knew that until she was ready, avoiding Gemma at all costs was going to have to be what had to happen.

xx

Making it all of two days being able to avoid Gemma, Colbie knew that today was going to be the day that she told her mother-like figure. So, taking a deep breath, Colbie walked into the garage office and closed the doors.

"Hey, baby," Gemma spoke, taking her glasses off of her face. "What's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant," Colbie mustered up the courage to say.

"With that one guys that you tried to make Happy jealous with?" Gemma questioned.

"Nope," Colbie spoke.

"Then who could it be?" Gemma questioned. She knew that Colbie and Happy had basically been playing house because Colbie wasn't a fan of being alone and Happy secretly liked the idea of having someone to come home to. "Have you been seeing someone that I don't know about? Because I feel like Hap—", Gemma spoke, cutting off her own sentence.

Not making any sort of movement or facial reaction when Gemma stopped speaking spoke wonders all on it's own for Colbie that Gemma picked up on instantly.

"No," Gemma asked in a questioning and confused tone.

Nodding her head, Colbie knew that Gemma was going to end up elated about the situation, since it was her own fantasy for the pair to get together.

"Congrats, baby," Gemma said, standing up from her chair and moving to hug the younger female.

"Does Happy know?" Gemma questioned, pulling away from the hug.

"Yeah, he does," Colbie spoke, sitting down again when the pair let go of their embrace.

"He's not sure how to take the news, but he said he's trying to figure it out. He's got his mom to deal with, plus he went Nomad, as I'm sure that you already know. There's a lot that we're going to have to figure out," Colbie admitted. "Is it weird that I'm less nervous about having a baby with Happy than I was with having one with Austin? Because honestly, I already know that Happy is going to figure out whatever he needs to and do what he thinks is right. With Austin, I sort of felt like he was being forced to have a baby with me."

"It's perfectly normal, baby. Happy has been a weird constant in your life since he started hanging around here again because his mom is sick. Austin was a quick in and out," Gemma spoke.

Suddenly, the door opened and Jax walked in, scaring both of the women in the room.

"Jesus, Jax," Colbie spoke, putting her hand on her chest. "You're going to give someone a heart attack one of these days if you keep doing this shit."

"Sorry, CoCo," Jax laughed. "What are you two being secret behind closed doors for?"

"Your sister's pregnant," Gemma grinned.

"With that one guy that Happy scared off?" Jax questioned.

"Try again," Gemma smirked.

"You and the Tacoma Killer?" Jax asked, his interest peaking.

"Oops," Colbie said, shrugging her shoulders. "But, you can't say anything to anyone just yet. Happy is still trying to get the thought of having a kid wrapped around his head, so let him tell you on his own terms when he comes back for a visit. And, make sure that you act surprised."

"Deal," Jax spoke.

"Oh, since Happy is going to be away for a bit, helping his mom and all, do either one of you want to go to the pound and pick out a dog for me to adopt?" Colbie questioned.

"I think Hap is more willing to accept a kid than a dog, CoCo," Jax laughed. "But, I'll go if you take the heat when he comes back and finds out what you did."

"Awesome," Colbie smiled. "Thanks."

xx

"Jax, these dogs are all tiny and remind me of rats," Colbie spoke. "If I'm going to get a dog, I want a big one. One that's actually going to protect me if someone breaks into the house, or if Happy gets out of line," she laughed.

"I think the big ones are on the other side," Jax said as they continued down the long hallway filled with cages.

"Then let's go," Colbie said. "I don't want to waste any more time."

"You're so pushy today," Jax said.

"This place just gives me weird vibes," Colbie said. "I just want to find a dog and then leave."

xx

Walking in the door of her house, Colbie let the dog off of the leash and watched as Jax backed out of the driveway and took off to the hospital.

"Welcome home, Grumpy," Colbie smiled, watching the dog sniff everything in the house.

"You and Happy are going to get along wonderfully, I already know it," she laughed.