Chapter Forty-Three

Getting into her car, Colbie knew that Happy was going to intimidate the hell out of the guy that had tried to get her number

Getting into her car, Colbie knew that Happy was going to intimidate the hell out of the guy that had tried to get her number. If she had to, she'd admit that Happy doing that turned her on. It didn't take long for her to turn the car on and put it into drive.

Driving past Happy and the guy that should have taken no for an answer, Colbie shouted out the window. "Play nice, boys."

Knowing that Happy was going to want to deal with the guy as fast as he could so that he could make it back to the house, Colbie knew that she didn't have much time before he arrived.

Practically racing home, Colbie unlocked the door and let Grumpy out in the backyard. "Momma will come get you in a bit," she spoke in a sweet voice. Watching the dog run out into the yard and grabbing a bunch of his toys and start tossing them around for himself, Colbie laughed, shaking her head.

Closing the back door, Colbie walked through the house to the bathroom and turned the hot water on in the shower. After stripping down to nothing, Colbie tested the water with her hand to make sure that it wasn't too cold. Stepping in when the temperature was perfect for her, Colbie knew that it wouldn't be long before Happy was home and in the shower with her, so she just enjoyed the hot water until then.

xx

"We have to figure out something for dinner," Colbie spoke, laying in the bed next to Happy. "And, we have to feed the dog while we're at it."

"You have to feed the dog and I can order pizza," Happy said.

"Good idea," Colbie spoke, leaning over to kiss the male.

"Where are you going?" Happy questioned, grabbing Colbie by her hip when she started to get out of bed.

"I have to feed Grumpy," Colbie explained.

"Stay here with me," Happy suggested.

"I can't, he needs to eat," Colbie told him. "What are you going to do if it's our child that needs to eat and you don't want me to get up."

"Fine, go," Happy grumbled.

"If you're going to just lay here while I take care of the dog, then order the pizza," Colbie smiled. "That way, we won't have to wait too long for it. I'm sure that people are going to start ordering soon since it's getting closer to dinner time."

xx

After the pizza had arrived, Colbie and Happy brought plates and something to drink to the living room so that they were able to eat and watch something on the television at the same time.

"I have to admit something," Colbie spoke while the opening credits of the movie had begun to play.

"What did you do?" Happy questioned, bracing for the worst.

"I've never watched this movie before," she replied.

"You've never seen Die Hard?" Happy questioned.

"Nope, this will be my first time ever watching it," she admitted.

"Then stop talking to me and pay attention to the screen," Happy spoke.

"Don't be rude," Colbie sassed.

Just as Happy was about to reply to her, Grumpy barked once from the spot that he was laying down at by the front door.

"Oh, so now you're going to give me an attitude too?" Happy grumbled.

Watching as the dog sat up and look at the male, Colbie couldn't help but laugh. "Clearly, he's on my side."

"I feel like this is going to be a common thing around here," Happy spoke.

"So what if it is?" Colbie grinned.

"I'm outnumbered and it's not fair," Happy said.

"So?" Colbie laughed.

"Just watch the movie," Happy sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to get anywhere with his girlfriend and the dog.

By the time that the movie was over, Happy looked over at Colbie and saw that she was sound asleep. "Can't ever finish a movie with you," Happy said to himself.

Getting off of the couch slowly, Happy went to pick Colbie up so that he was able to take her to the bedroom, but Grumpy had other ideas.

"Growl at me one more time and you'll sleep outside," Happy threatened. "I was here first and it's my kid growing inside of her. Stand down."

Still growling at the male, Grumpy stayed close to Happy's side while he lifted the female off of the couch and brought her to the bed and laid her down.

When the dog was satisfied in the fact that Happy wasn't going to do his owner any harm, he laid down on Colbie's side of the bed and fell asleep.

"Fucking dog trying to tell me what I can do around here," Happy growled to himself. "We'll see how long that lasts."

xx

Waking up the next morning, Colbie looked over at Happy and smiled. He always seemed so at peace when he was sleeping.

Careful to not wake him, the female slowly climbed out of bed. "Come on, Grump. Let's take you out."

Standing outside with a cup of apple juice in hand, Colbie was startled when Happy put his arms around her shoulders from behind. "Jesus, you scared the hell out of me!"

"Relax, before the dog comes over here and attacks me," Happy said. "Gave me hell last night trying to carry you to bed."

"He's protective of me because I rescued him from his stone cold cage at the shelter," Colbie spoke. "He's a good boy."

"He's almost as much of a pain in my ass as you are," Happy said, kissing the side of Colbie's head.

"But, as much of a pain in the ass I may be to you, you still keep coming back for more," Colbie reminded him.

"Trust me, I know," Happy grinned.

"Bobby's welcome home party is tonight, but I'm not really in the mood to go. I'll probably just hang out with Gemma and help her with Abel instead."

"You sure?" Happy questioned.

"Yeah, I trust you," Colbie spoke. "You know what'll happen if I catch you with another female. I think you've learned from your mistakes. Or, at least, I can only hope that you did."

"You're the only one I want," Happy spoke. "Those women were just for momentary pleasure. You're my future," he admitted.

* Author's Note *

I know that I'm about to do things a little out of order,

but I felt that it would be easier with Colbie's timeline
to do things this way. As the events of the show go with
Donna's death first, then Gemma's rape, I'm switching
things around and writing it in the opposite order. For
those who are triggered by one or both events, I will
clearly mark the triggers in the beginning of the chapter.

Also, I will NOT write out either scene in vivid detail 
for that purpose as well.

Also, I just want to thank each and every single one of
you for continuing on this journey with me and Colbie 
through this story. Your encouragement, comments, 
votes, and follows truly mean the world to me. There's
plenty more to Colbie's story, as we're just getting 
started, so this will be a long and bumpy ride.

xx Codie