Chapter Eighteen

Waking up on the couch in the clubhouse, Colbie shot up from her laying position

"Easy, CoCo," Jax spoke calmly, reaching out for the female in case she got dizzy again.

"Don't touch me!" Colbie shouted, slightly scaring herself in the process.

"I'm sorry," Jax replied quickly, putting his hands up in defense. "I didn't mean to scare you or be in your space, I'm just worried about my little sister," he continued.

"If you're so worried about me, you should have told me the second that something happened," Colbie just about shouted at the blond male.

"We needed to focus on everything else going on around us and figure out how we were going to tell you," Jax replied. "None of us wanted to be the one that told you what happened, trust me. We all knew that there was going to be a shitty reaction and none of us wanted to watch your heart break. We all love you, CoCo. Except maybe Happy. Pretty sure that he's in love with you," Jax laughed, trying to lighten the mood even the slightest.

"That's not funny, Jax," Colbie said, her eyes starting to tear up. "I don't like him and there's no way that he's in love with me. We've had nothing but negative interactions, which I can't say that I'm disappointed about."

"I promise you, CoCo, Happy's falling for you. You're his kryptonite," Jax spoke.

"The last time someone promised me something, someone ended up dead," Colbie spoke. "Don't make any promises to me, Jax. They mean absolutely nothing to me anymore."

"I'm sorry," he apologized. "I know there's nothing that I can do to change how you're feeling, but if there's anything that I can take your mind off of things for a little bit, just let me know," Jax offered, holding his arms out for a hug.

Allowing herself to succumb to Jax's offered hug, Colbie ended up crying on his shoulder in the process. Holding her tighter, Jax just wanted the brunette to know that he was there for her no matter what, even if he couldn't make anything better or hurt less.

A few minutes later, when Colbie managed to collect herself, she looked to Jax with a smile. "You're the best big brother a girl could ask for," she offered.

"I don't know about all that, but I'm here for you, kid," Jax replied.

"Can we maybe go grab something to eat? Baby is hungry and I'm feeling really light headed," Colbie asked.

"I'll clear my schedule for you," Jax answered.

"Thanks."

xx

After the pair got back from lunch, Jax was called away from something related to the club, leaving Colbie in the main room of the clubhouse by herself. Although, it wasn't long before she felt like she wasn't alone anymore.

Looking around, she soon was met with two brown eyes staring at her from across the room.

"If you're just going to stare at me, you can leave now, creep," she spoke.