Chapter Thirty-Four

A few days later, Colbie was still staying in her best friend's room with him, much to Happy's dismay

A few days later, Colbie was still staying in her best friend's room with him, much to Happy's dismay. Happy had offered to let her stay in his room, seeing as how the room that Colbie had previously lived in had been given to someone else so there could be renovations in other rooms. Colbie had declined his offer, on more than one occasion, because she knew better than to get Happy's hopes up while she was in the clubhouse. He seemed to be pushing for something more than friendship a lot more when she was staying in the clubhouse, but Colbie knew that she wasn't going to fall for whatever he had planned. Every single time that she heard him trying harder, all she could think of was the blonde female on top of him. It would be a long time before she was going to be able to forget that, if ever.

After making herself something for lunch, Colbie brought her food to the picnic tables outside to eat. She was one of those people where if it was nice enough outside, she wasn't going to waste the day inside.

Hearing her phone ping after she took a bite of food, Colbie quickly realized that no matter where she was, she was never going to be able to eat a meal without being interrupted by someone or something.

Looking at the screen, she saw a text from Donna. The two women were fairly close, as Donna never had to worry about Colbie looking at Opie as anything more than a friend.

Donna had asked if Colbie was able to call her for a quick conversation, so instead of texting her back, Colbie just dialed her friend's phone number.

xx

After she had ended the call with Donna, Colbie saw Opie walking across the lot in her direction.

"Hey, CoCo," Opie spoke. "I'm surprised to see you here. I thought that you had moved out."

"I did, but I'm doing my good deed of the year and letting my sister stay at my house for a few days," Colbie spoke as the tall male sat down at the picnic table across from her.

"Speaking of good deeds, Donna told me that she just talked to you," Opie spoke quietly. "You really don't have to do that, CoCo. I'm embarrassed that she even asked you."

"Opie, stop right there," Colbie said to him. "Don't be embarrassed. You guys are trying to get back on your feet and you and I both know that your mill job isn't bringing in as much as you were earning with the club. You're trying to earn money the right way and it will all work out. So, don't look at this as a favor or a handout, just look at it as a step in the right direction," Colbie said.

Just as Opie was about to open his mouth in protest, Colbie cut him off.

"And, no. You're not allowed to reject my offer," Colbie told him. "And, I don't want the money back. I want you guys to put that money evenly in Ellie's and Kenny's college funds. I'd have given them money towards that anyway, so you'll just be depositing little by little instead of them getting one big gift all at once."

"Fine," Opie said with a chuckle.

"Glad that you can see things my way," Colbie laughed.

"I already know that you weren't going to let me leave this table without agreeing with you," Opie laughed.

"You, sir, are correct in your assumption," Colbie spoke. "I know that you're going to be heading home soon, since Donna spilled the beans, so just let her know that I'll be by later on tonight with the cash."

Getting up from his spot, Opie walked over to the female and kissed the top of her head. "Thanks, CoCo," he said simply, before walking over to his bike.

xx

Later on that afternoon, Colbie was about to get in her car so that she was able to run to the bank to grab the money for Donna and Opie, when Happy walked over to her.

"Where are you going?" Happy questioned.

"Out," Colbie said.

"Not funny," he replied.

"Wasn't meant to be," Colbie said, grabbing her car keys off of the bar top.

"Where are you going?" Happy asked again.

"Out," Colbie answered.

"Why are you always so difficult?" he questioned.

"Why are you so nosey?" she asked in response.

"Because I'm trying to look out for you," Happy said.

In his own weird way, Colbie knew that Happy was only looking out for her best interests, so she wasn't able to get angry with him over it. It was just that she was a very independent person, so she wasn't thrilled when people always wanted to know her whereabouts or her future places going to.

"Awe, the Tacoma killer is looking out for lil' ole me," Colbie teased. "That's very sweet of you, Happy, it is. I just don't need to be looked out for. I'm a big girl and I can handle myself."

"I beg to differ," the male spoke casually.

"Whether you beg to differ or not," Colbie began. "I'm still not telling you what's on my to-do list for the rest of the day."

"Take the prospect with you at least," Happy offered in response to her not wanting him to go with her.

"Nope," Colbie said, walking away from him and towards the door.

Quickly following the female out of the clubhouse, Happy called the prospect over.

Stopping in her tracks, Colbie turned around and looked at the prospect when he made his way over to the bald male.

"Eddie, if you so much as leave this lot, I'll make sure that you never get patched in," Colbie threatened. "Don't forget that Happy is Nomad, not SAMCRO. I have more say so here than he does, because I have a direct line to Clay and Jax. We both know that Clay looks at me like a daughter and Jax looks at me like his little sister, so my opinion weighs heavier than Happy's."

"No, it doesn't," Happy tried to say.

"Would you like to find out?" Colbie threatened. "Or, were you planning on staying Nomad or patching back into Tacoma?"

Not wanting to push the female any further, Happy decided to keep quiet. He was trying to patch things up with her, not make things worse for himself, so staying silent was his beset option.

"Exactly," Colbie spoke. "So, no one follows me. Happy, if it makes you feel better, when I get to my destination, I'll text you that I'm alright."

"Deal," he spoke, knowing that that was all that she was going to offer up to him.