Chapter Thirty-Two

When the popcorn was fully popped, Colbie emptied the bag into a bowl and made her way into the living room

"I thought I told you not to pick something stupid," Colbie spoke, eyeing the movie case on the coffee table.

"Halloween is not stupid," Happy replied.

"I've always been a fan of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies," Colbie told him.

"I can't knock you for that, but Freddy isn't the scariest," Happy told her.

"I didn't say that I wanted to watch the scariest movie, I said that I didn't want to watch something stupid," Colbie laughed.

After the pair had finally decided on something to watch, they got comfortable on the couch and Colbie pushed play. She was sitting on the corner spot, her legs hanging over Happy's lap, while the male sat on the middle cushion and held Colbie's legs to him so that they wouldn't fall off.

Anyone that walked in would easily assume that the pair was a couple, but Colbie was nowhere near ready to deal with any of that.

Halfway through the movie, Happy looked over at the female and saw that she had fallen asleep. Moving slowly, the male got off of the couch and picked Colbie up into his arms, then made his way to her bedroom. He gently laid her down on the bed, then went back to the living room o clean up.

Once everything was put away and turned off, Happy made his way to the bedroom, stripped down to only his boxers, then got into the bed besides Colbie.

xx

Waking up the next morning, Colbie felt herself leaning against someone. Already knowing who it was that she had been sleeping against just by his intoxicating scent, Colbie didn't want to move.

The female had thought that they had the starts of something, but once Colbie had caught Happy in bed with that blonde, that was the end of everything. Colbie wasn't interested in being toyed with or strung along, so she was ending things before there was a chance for her heart to be broken. And, if anything, she was making sure that she wasn't cheated on at the very least.

Once Happy began to stir, Colbie pretended that she was just beginning to wake up herself. It would be easier this way than to just abruptly wake the sleeping male.

"Why are you in my bed?" Colbie questioned when she noticed that Happy's eyes were now open.

"It's more comfortable than the couch," he replied.

"But, who gave you permission to sleep in my bed?" Colbie asked.

"I wasn't waking your ass up to ask for permission," Happy spoke.

"You're lucky that you're cute," Colbie spoke, getting up from her spot.

Pulling the female back down to him, Happy looked down towards her. "You're not going anywhere, unless you're planning on making breakfast."

"I'm not cooking, so you'd better call up your favorite blonde to make you breakfast," Colbie spoke.

"You could always be breakfast," Happy offered.

"You'd love that, I'm sure," Colbie laughed.

"You didn't say no," Happy replied.

"No," Colbie spoke, continuing to laugh.

"Why you gotta be like that?" Happy questioned.

"Because I'm not into guys that sleep with every pussy that looks in their direction," Colbie grumbled. "It's your fault that I'm not on the menu this morning," she added.

"If you're going to keep talking shit, I'm leaving," Happy growled.

"I'm not talking shit, Happy," Colbie spoke. "I'm just telling you the truth. It's not my fault if it's not what you want to hear."

"I don't care what it is," Happy began. "I don't want to hear it."

"Suit yourself," Colbie said.

xx

Nearly an hour later, the pair were still laying in Colbie's bed, talking and revealing things about themselves. Colbie was more than surprised that the male laying before was willing to open up this much to her, as she had been told that talking really wasn't his best feat.

"There's no way that yellow is your favorite color," Colbie laughed.

"I swear," Happy spoke.

"I figured that you were going to say red or something. You know, as in the color of blood," Colbie laughed. "After all, everyone claims that you're some sort of killer."

"That's why I have all of these," Happy replied, pointing to the smiley faces littered on his abdomen.

"So, you get a happy face for every person that you've killed?" Colbie questioned, looking at the disorganized array of faces.

Nodding his head, Happy didn't speak.

"I figured that you would have killed more than that, based on how much people seem to hype up your career," Colbie laughed.

"You're a bitch," Happy said, actually cracking a smile.

"Yeah, so I've been told," Colbie grinned. "Either way, it hasn't scared you away yet. If anything, it's kept you coming back for more verbal abuse."

"What can I say? I like a woman who can stand her ground," Happy replied.

"Yeah, until she stands her ground against you," Colbie added.

Before Happy was able to respond to her, Colbie heard someone coming into the house.

"Who knows that you live here?" Happy questioned, sitting up quickly.

"Besides you, the friends that are selling it to me, and probably Juice, since you stole his phone to get the address. I'm sure that you didn't delete the conversation, so he probably read through it," Colbie replied.

"Don't come out of this room until I give you the okay," Happy commanded protectively.

"Colbie!" the pair in the room heard someone call out.

"Juice?" Colbie called out in question.

When she didn't hear a response, Colbie walked passed Happy and into the hallway. "It's Juice, down boy," she said to Happy with a light laugh.

"Why do you always let him walk in?" Happy growled. In his mind, things were going well with the female and he was hoping that it would continue to go well so that she would think of him as a proper suitor for herself. He knew that it was going to be a bit before she was going to even process that idea, but he was willing to put in the effort to win her over.

"Colbie, Tara is on her way here," Juice spoke, slightly out of breath.

"First of all, calm down. Take a breath. Relax," Colbie spoke. "Secondly, why the fuck is Tara on her way over here?"

"I don't know," Juice replied. "But, she managed to get Jax to tell her where you lived so that she could talk to you. After Jax gave up the address, he called me to at least warn you. He said that you weren't picking up your phone and that it was going straight to voicemail."

"I'm going to kill him," she spoke aggressively.