Chapter Thirty-Eight

It had been a few weeks since Colbie had moved back into her house with Happy

It had been a few weeks since Colbie had moved back into her house with Happy. The male had kept her in the loop about everything that had gone on with Tara and her stalker A.T.F. agent ex-boyfriend. When Colbie was told about the guy had broken into her childhood home and attacked Tara and that she had shot him in self-defense, but that it was Jax had been the one to shoot him to kill.

Colbie strictly stayed in the garage when she went to work, because she didn't want to be caught up in what was going on with the club. There was definitely something going on, but she didn't want to know what it was. Although, she had a feeling that it had something to do with the three bodies that she had read about in the Charming newspaper.

As crazy as things had been getting around the clubhouse, Colbie tried her damnedest to go to work and then go home, occasionally going to lunch or out shopping with Gemma on a day off. Although, when Happy stopped sleeping at home, Colbie began to get curious as to why. But, when she asked Jax about it, the most that he told her was that Happy's mother was sick and lived in Bakersfield, so that was probably where he was.

Having marked it on her calendar, Colbie knew that Happy had been missing for exactly eleven days before she saw him again. When Happy decided to show his face again, it was late at night and the only lights on in the house were from Colbie's bedroom.

Walking in the door, Happy locked it behind him, making his way to the bedroom.

Opening the door to the bedroom, Happy saw Colbie sitting on the bed, her face pale and her a blank stare on nothing specific.

"I should explain," Happy began.

When the female didn't even so much as blank when he spoke, Happy walked towards the bed and knelt down in front of her.

"You okay?" he asked.

Again, no response.

"Colbie," Happy spoke, putting his hand on her leg.

Not having been able to focus on anything that day, Colbie hadn't heard Happy walk into the room or hear him talking to her. She didn't snap out of it until he touched her leg and just about scared the hell out of her.

"What's wrong?" Happy asked.

"Sorry," Colbie said, shaking her head. "I, uh-," she started.

Looking at the female, Happy knew that whatever Colbie said to him wasn't going to be good based on how she was acting currently.

"What's wrong?" Happy repeated.

Looking up at the male, Colbie stayed silent for a few seconds before she sighed heavily.

"I'm pregnant."

xx

Hours later, after getting Colbie to relax enough to fall asleep, Happy made his way to the living room and sat down on the couch.

Resting his head in his hands, Happy didn't know what to do. He definitely wasn't ready for a kid, but he knew that he had to tread lightly with this because of her past. He also had to break the news to her that he was going Nomad so that he could spend more time helping take care of his mother who had taken a turn for the worst.

The next morning, after Colbie had woken up, she walked in the living room and saw that Happy had passed out on the couch.

Nudging the male, Colbie watched as he started waking up. "Hey," Colbie spoke. "Good morning."

"Morning," Happy spoke, pulling the female onto his lap. Kissing her gently, Happy knew that he needed to tell her what was going on his life.

"So, what are you thinking in that bald head of yours?" Colbie asked with a laugh.

"I'm not ready for a kid, Colbie," he said. "So, I'm trying to wrap my head around this information. And, my mom is sick and she's getting worse. I can't stay here, Colbie," Happy said, watching the color drain from the woman's face.

"So what are you saying to me?" Colbie questioned.

"I can't stay here," Happy said, tightening his grip on the female in his lap so that she wasn't able to walk away from him until he explained everything to her.

"I have to take care of my mom," Happy continued. "I can't stay here, because I have to go Nomad and take care of her. I'm gonna need some time to figure out this having a kid thing."

After hearing that Happy's mother was sick and that he had to figure things out, Colbie was nervous about what that was going to do to their relationship. She knew that this was either going to make or break their relationship, so naturally she was scared that this wasn't going to work out in their favor.

"So, what does that mean for us?" Colbie questioned.

"That means that I'm going to go Nomad, stay in Bakersfield for awhile to help take care of my mother," Happy began. "But, that doesn't mean that what we have is over. It just means that I'm going to be back and forth from Bakersfield to here, but you're going to have to be patient with me. I need to take care of my mother, so it would be easier on me if you didn't fight me on this. It would also help if you didn't mind going to and from Bakersfield occasionally. I don't know how involved that I'm going to have to be."

Taking a moment to let everything that Happy spoke sink into her mind, Colbie stayed silent. A minute or so later, she finally felt the confidence that she needed to be able to respond to the male's request.

Taking a deep breath, Colbie looked the male in the eyes and spoke. "So, just to make sure that I understand what you're saying, you don't want to break up? You just want to take some time to help your mother hopefully get better and you're going Nomad so that you're not locked down and can come and go freely? And, you're trying to figure out how to do the whole being a dad thing?"

"Exactly," Happy spoke.

"I can't believe that I'm about to say this," Colbie began. "But, okay."