Chapter Twenty-One

Hearing someone knocking pulled Colbie from her tears, forcing her to get off of her bed and head to the door to open it

"Hey, Juice," Colbie spoke, seeing her best friend's face the moment she opened the door. Wiping her tears away quickly, Colbie was more concerned with how blotchy her face probably looked than trying to hide her emotions from the male standing before her.

"I know that you're not okay, so I just wanted to let you know that I'm here for you," Juice spoke quickly and awkwardly.

Catching on to the male's awkwardness brought some sort of strange comfort to Colbie. Juice had always been a little bit awkward, but that was part of the reason why they had gotten along so well. It just made him who he was and Colbie loved him for it. "Thanks," she managed to get out in between her trying to catch her breath from all of the crying that she had done.

Before she knew what was going on, Colbie felt the male's arms around her, engulfing her into a comforting hug. She hadn't realized just how much she needed the comfort of her best friend, but she damn well knew now.

"I missed this," Colbie said into the male's chest, the pair still holding onto one another.

"I missed you," Juice admitted. "You were always with Austin and then I thought I was going to lose my best friend a few days ago for good."

"I'm not going anywhere, Juicy," Colbie spoke confidently. "I'm a fighter, you know that. There's not much that's going to kill me, so it's not like I'm going to drop dead tomorrow."

"That's a little morbid to think about," Juice laughed. 

"Well, it's the truth," Colbie replied.

"I know."

xx

"Thanks for listening to me," Colbie said to her best friend. "And, I'm sorry for crying so much."

"Don't be sorry for crying," Juice replied. "You know I'm always here for you, whenever you need me."

"I know, I know," Colbie answered. "I just hate bothering you when you have so much going on with the club, you know?"

"Yeah, I do, but it's better than your alternative," he spoke.

"My alternative?" Colbie questioned.

"Talking to Happy," Juice laughed.

"He's actually not that bad of a listener," Colbie told him.

Shocked, Juice laughed before realizing that the female sitting in front of him was being truthful. "Sorry, I just never imagined him being a good listener. He always walks away from anything that'll make him feel anything other than happy after he's killed someone."

"Well, there's another side of Happy that you haven't seen that I have," Colbie told him.

"Do you like him?" Juice questioned, a smirk forming on his lips.

"What? No," Colbie answered quickly. "Why would you think that?"

"Because any time you talk about him, your face lights up and you used to act like you hated him."

"That's not true at all, Juicy. I have no idea what you're talking about," Colbie replied. "I think you need to get your eyes checked, because you're seeing things that just aren't there to be seen."

"If you have to say that out loud to convince yourself, then so be it," Juice answered.

"I'm not talking about this any longer. I don't like Happy in any romantic form, just as a friend, but even that's debatable," Colbie spoke sternly.

"Okay," Juice said with a laugh, still not convinced.

"JUICE!" the pair heard being yelled through the clubhouse.

"Work calls, gotta run," Juice spoke, getting up from his spot on the bed.

"I'll talk to you later," Colbie replied.

"Just remember, I'm here if you need me," Juice reassured her on his way out of the room.

xx

Instead of continuing to sit and cry about what had happened recently in her life, Colbie decided that she was going to try and be productive with her time. She knew that she was going to have to clean out all of Austin's things of her room, or at the very least, pack them up and put them into storage so that she didn't have to see it any longer and remain upset every time that she laid her eyes on something of his. 

At one point, Colbie heard her stomach growl and soon realized that she hadn't had anything to eat for a good majority of the day. When she left the comforts of her room and made her way through the clubhouse to get to the kitchen, she noticed a few of the prospects cleaning the place up. She had almost forgotten that there was a party that was going to be held that evening, but to celebrate what she didn't know.

"You planning on making an appearance tonight?" Jax laughed, catching Colbie looking at the prospects cleaning up.

"Probably not," Colbie answered after jumping from being startled.

"It'll help take your mind off of things," he told her.

"Or, will it just make me feel worse than ever, because Austin isn't here to party with?" Colbie questioned.

"You got me there," Jax replied.

"Please tell me that my sister isn't showing up tonight," Colbie sighed. "I've been dealing with enough. I don't have the strength to deal with her shit tonight."

"She's got a late shift, so she won't be here," Jax confirmed.

"A little bit of relief finally," Colbie mumbled.

"I'm sure everyone is probably saying it to you already, but I'm here for you CoCo," Jax let her know. "You were there for me with the Wendy situation, so I want you to know that I'm here if you need someone to talk to."

"Thanks, Jax," Colbie spoke. "Right now, I think everyone is waiting for me to breakdown to the point of no return, but I just want to try and get back to normal. I don't want to feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time, because people don't know what to do or say around me."

Laughing, Jax shook his head. "We don't know what to do around you, honestly. We don't know how to fix things for you, but we also want to give you your space to deal with things on your own schedule. Everyone is here for you though, when or if you need us."