Chapter Forty-Two

Still not showing a bump to indicate that she was pregnant, Colbie decided that she was going to wear a tank top and a pair of short jean shorts to work that day

Still not showing a bump to indicate that she was pregnant, Colbie decided that she was going to wear a tank top and a pair of short jean shorts to work that day. It was supposed to be almost 100 degrees that day and she was most certainly not going to sweat her ass of in a pair of pants.

Walking into the office, Colbie saw that Gemma was already hard at work.

"Morning, momma," Colbie said with a smile.

"Morning, baby," Gemma replied. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired, mostly. Though, I haven't had much morning sickness at all," Colbie replied. "Thankfully. It was awful last time. That was the worst part of it."

"Seems like this baby is taking after Happy and how eerily calm he always seems to be," Gemma spoke. "Unless he's pissed about someone being around you."

"Yeah, he's a little crazy," Colbie laughed.

"Crazy attracts crazy," Gemma smirked.

"I'm not crazy," Colbie grinned. "But, what's on the to-do list today? I want to get a head start on this disaster that the guys left."

Handing Colbie a stack of papers, Gemma knew that Colbie was going to get a lot of the smaller jobs done today. The younger woman hated when the lot was full of cars, as it made it seem like the staff were slackers and took their time with the jobs. 

xx

By lunchtime, Colbie had brought back more than half the stack of papers to Gemma so that she was able to call the owners and let them know that their cars were ready for pick up.

Grabbing a water bottle from the fridge, Colbie heard Gemma calling out her name.

"Yes, Momma?" she questioned, walking into the office.

"I need you to go on a tow with the prospect and figure out if the car actually needs to be towed. The guy on the phone sounded like a pretty boy that thinks he knows everything," Gemma spoke.

"I hate those types," Colbie replied, rolling her eyes.

"Let's go, prospect," Colbie called out, grabbing the tow truck keys off the wall in Gemma's office, exiting the room as soon as they were in her grasp.

"Gemma has the directions, go grab them," she spoke. "You're driving, so hurry up. I want to get back and get the small shit knocked out today so the bigger shit can be handled the rest of the week. I still don't understand why you guys don't do that when I'm not around."

Once the prospect had the directions from Gemma, he ran to the truck and climbed into the driver's seat.

It didn't take long for the pair to arrive at the location of the broken down car with Colbie immediately noticing that the male seemed very agitated as he stood against his vehicle.

Climbing out of the truck, Colbie looked over at the prospect. "Pop the hood for me," she spoke.

"Yes, ma'am," the prospect spoke, walking towards the car.