Chapter Sixteen

Back in the apartment in the clubhouse, Colbie laid on top of the neatly made bed, waiting for Austin to get out of the shower

Back in the apartment in the clubhouse, Colbie laid on top of the neatly made bed, waiting for Austin to get out of the shower. She was still in complete shock that she was going to be having a daughter, one that was probably going to be just like her. In all honesty, Colbie was scared about having a little girl, mainly if she inherited her mother's attitude. The brunette knew how she could be most days, sometimes because of being provoked, others just because, so she wasn't exactly looking forward to having to deal with an attitude that would match or outdo her own.

Putting her hands on her stomach, Colbie knew that no matter what, she was going to love her daughter with every ounce of her being. Not having a role model growing up, Colbie knew, at the very least, what not to do as a mother. Although, with helpful guidance from both Gemma and Austin, Colbie knew that she would be just fine.

When the door to the bathroom opened finally, revealing an almost naked Austin, Colbie grinned mischievously. "You know, if I wasn't already pregnant, I definitely would be after the things that I want to do to you right now," Colbie laughed.

"Well, we can always practice for the next one," Austin suggested cheekily, dropping his towel to the floor.

"Who says there is going to be a next one?" Colbie questioned, propping herself up on her elbows.

"Who said there was even going to be a first one?" Austin retorted. "This is what fate had in mind for us, so there's a possibility for there to be a next one."

Rolling her eyes, Colbie chuckled. "We'll have to have that conversation after this one is born, but in the meantime, I need you to get over here and please me."

"Yes, ma'am," Austin obliged.

xx

Later on that evening, Austin and Colbie were sitting by the picnic area, waiting for Jax to finish barbecuing dinner. Colbie had prepared all of the sides not long after she and Austin had fooled around for a little while after Jax had promised to barbeque.

"Your niece is getting hungry, Jax," Colbie teased.

"She's just going to have to wait a few more minutes," Jax answered with a smirk.

"Baby girl is going to be just like her momma and have absolutely no patience," Austin laughed.

"You can say that again," Jax said, joining in for a quick laugh.

xx

Hours later, after the sun had fully set, the parking lot of the clubhouse had people scattered all around. Some were just beginning to drink, some were swaying to the beat of the music and feeling a little tipsy, while only a handful had drank more than their limit and were stumbling around like a bunch of moronic assholes. Those people weren't Colbie's favorite in the least bit. In fact, she had often times called Juice to help get the to bed or help her get them into the clubhouse to hydrate them so she wouldn't have to clean up the mess the following morning.

When a pair of lights turned into the driveway of the clubhouse, everyone turned to look at the intruding vehicle.

Tara.

It was always her.

Instantly feeling her anger level rise, Colbie knew that she wasn't going to be staying around for the party for much longer if Tara was planning on sticking around.

Watching Tara turn off the car and get out of it, Colbie soon eyed Jax walking over to the brunette.

"I can't believe him," Colbie spoke, looking around for Juice.

When she eyed him, the fired up brunette hastily made her way for him, leaving Austin behind and confused.

The moment he saw Colbie coming for him, Juice jumped up from his spot and tried to get away from her quickly.

"Juan Carlos Ortiz, stop walking away from me, right now," Colbie ordered.

Everyone that knew this pair of friends knew that Juice couldn't ever lie to the female and anytime that she needed to know something, Colbie always sought out the male for details.

"Jax and Tara?" Colbie questioned.

Keeping quiet, Juice kept his gaze pointed towards the ground. He wasn't exactly afraid of his best friend, but he definitely was afraid of how she would react to what he had to tell her.

"Jax and Tara?" Colbie repeated.

Finally looking up, Juice nodded his head, only confirming what Colbie had suspected the moment Jax made his way towards her sister.

"I can't fucking believe him," Colbie mumbled under her breath.

"She saved his son's life, CoCo," Juice offered.

"So, that means that he should jump right into her pants in thanks?" Colbie questioned rhetorically.

xx

After finding out about Jax and Tara, Colbie walked through the crowd and into the clubhouse. She was no longer in the mood to be around anyone, Austin included. Maybe it was the hormones that were making her emotions amplified and causing her to overreact, but Colbie knew that she wasn't going to be able to deal with her sister being around for very long.

A few minutes passed by before her bedroom door opened and Gemma walked in. "Look, I know that you were just blindsided by my son and your sister, trust me, because I was also. But, CoCo, I need you to play nice with her for the sake of my grandson. As much as I hate Wendy, I need Tara to keep my grandson from any harm and damage that was already caused. And, you can't be carrying around all of this anger or my granddaughter is going to end up in the same NICU as your nephew."

Knowing that Gemma was correct didn't make Colbie feel any better. Sighing heavily, Colbie knew that she was going to have to comply to Gemma's wishes. "Fine, I'll play nice," she caved. "But, I can't guarantee that we're not going to fight. I don't like her and it's not going to be easy to change that."

"I'm not asking for a miracle, Colbie. I'm just asking for a temporary peace treaty," Gemma laughed.

"Fine," Colbie laughed shortly.

"Good, because Tara needs to speak with you," Gemma spoke, opening the door to let herself out and Tara in.

"What do you want?" Colbie questioned when the door was closed.

"I just want to talk, Colbie," Tara spoke. "Sister to sister."

"Really?" she questioned, rolling her eyes.

Rolling her own eyes, Tara shook her head. "Look, Colbie, I don't want to fight with you anymore. I just want to get over the past and start over. You're my little sister and after the fight we had a few months ago, I thought about how different we did grow up. I never knew how bad you had it and I didn't know that you were treated so terribly. It was never done in front of me and I feel terrible about that, because if it had, I wouldn't have let it continue."

Not really knowing what to say to her sister, Colbie just kept quiet.

"So, is Jax telling the truth when he said that you're having a little girl?" Tara questioned hesitantly.

"I mean, it's definitely true that he has a big mouth and a problem keeping it shut," Colbie laughed lightly.

"I'd really like to be a part of my niece's life, if you're okay with that," Tara spoke cautiously.

"I'll have to see how this goes," Colbie spoke honestly.