Chapter Twenty-Five

Coming out of her room at nearly noon, Colbie was only certain that Juice knew about Happy spending the night

Coming out of her room at nearly noon, Colbie was only certain that Juice knew about Happy spending the night. If it were up to her, and if she had the ability to, Colbie would have pulled that information from his head so that he didn't know either. She wasn't ashamed of sleeping with Happy, but she just didn't need Gemma's smirks and comments about how she was right the entire time. 

Making her way to her best friend's room, Colbie didn't bother knocking. If Happy had gotten rid of his problem, then Colbie knew that Juice was going to be alone and ready to talk to her.

"Can you be ready in a half hour?" she questioned, looking right at her friend.

"Yeah, can you?" he said with a cheeky grin.

"Yes, I can be. I have to shower and change, that's it. I'm not putting any make-up on or doing my hair. Probably just going to throw it up into a pony," Colbie spoke.

"You sure that you're not going to have any visitors in the shower causing a delay?" Juice questioned.

"I'm positive," Colbie reassured him. "Besides, I don't know if he has another round in him," she laughed.

"Okay, that's enough. Disgusting," Juice said.

"Be ready. Thirty minutes," she confirmed, walking out of the room and heading back to her own to get ready for their lunch date.

xx

Stepping out of her room, locking the door behind her, Colbie saw Juice coming from his own room.

"Ready?" she questioned.

"Absolutely," Juice replied.

Linking arms with her best friend, the two walked through the clubhouse and outside to Colbie's car. Juice knew better than to fight her on it, because he knew her absolute hatred of motorcycles, so there wasn't even a point in trying.

Unlocking the car with her key fob, Colbie opened the driver's side door and moved to get in. Seeing Happy working on his bike in the parking lot near the garage, she knew that he wasn't going to get much accomplished that day. After all, she had stabbed him in the arm with a fork the night before and even though it wasn't a major wound, Happy did complain a little bit about it being uncomfortable and annoying.

"He's going to kill me," Juice commented, seeing the look that Happy was giving him.

"He's harmless, J," Colbie assured.

"He's the Tacoma Killer, Colbie. He's not harmless," Juice replied.

"You're being a baby, Juicy," Colbie laughed. "Happy isn't going to do anything to you. Just get in the car and shut up."

xx

Sitting in the diner that Colbie happened upon one afternoon when she went for a drive through surrounding towns, she was thankful that most people in the establishment didn't know who she or Juice were. She did notice a few people give them a look, because the club was pretty notorious, but she disregarded them fairly quickly.