two

In the street of New York, Newt was holding a piece of paper as he looked around in curiosity

In the street of New York, Newt was holding a piece of paper as he looked around in curiosity. Neeki had wide eyes as she clung onto his free arm. She was holding the case for him. It meant as much to her as it did to him.

Newt nervously chuckled. "Never seen New York before, huh? Can't say I've been out of London much either."

Neeki gently brushed her nose against his shoulder as a way to calm him down and get rid of his nerves. The two continued walking around, ending up in another street that was filled with angry shouts. They were facing a rally of the New Salem Philanthropic Society in front of the bank.

"...this great city sparkles with jewels of man's invention! Movie theaters, automobiles..." Mary Lou spoke to the crowd.

"Who?" Neeki asked, looking at Mary Lou.

"Who is it," Newt corrected. "I believe she's a protestor."

"Protestor?"

"Yes. It's a person who publicly demonstrates strong objection to something," he replied.

"Protestor," Neeki mumbled.

"We have to fight! Join us, the Second Salemers, in our fight!" Mary Lou screamed.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Just trying to get through..."  Jacob muttered.

Jacob lightly pushed people out of the way, accidentally pushing Tina, who was eating a hot dog with mustard. Jacob bumped his knee against the case that Neeki was holding, causing the two to wobble. Newt helped Jacob regain his balance. The panther seemed to be fine with finding her balance.

"I'm so sorry - "

"No harm done," Jacob responded, scurrying away into the bank.

Soon after, Newt and Neeki walked slowly up the steps of the bank.

"You, friend!" Mary Lou shouted to Newt. "What drew you to our meeting today?"

Newt was simply passing by. "Oh - I was just passing by..."

"Are you a seeker? A seeker after truth?" Mary Lou asked Newt, who seemed taken aback by her words.

"I'm more of a chaser, really," he said nervously, as if someone would understand what he was implying.

"And you?" she asked Neeki.

"A hunter," Neeki responded.

"Ah - I see. You're a poacher! Fur coats are to die for!"

Neeki understood what poacher meant and she did not like it. Those poachers hunted down animals for fashion, and she didn't take that kindly. Before she transformed then and there, Newt noticed the Niffler sitting on the steps of the bank and grabbed her hand. It was sitting on its chubby butt, pulling a beggar's hat full on money out of sight, shoving coins in its pouch. Newt looked down at his case in shock before pulling Neeki and running after it. Neeki was disappointed she didn't get to eat Mary Lou.