♠️02♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️

"I still don't understand why I can't call my family and pay off my debt immediately." I groaned as I followed him out of the room and into a hallway then down the stairs into a large living room.

"I have my reasons, it would be better if you just pay off your debt quietly." He advised.

"So we're not ever gonna leave this island?" I asked him. 

"We are. We're leaving for New York tonight." He informed, my jaw dropped. "Take a shower, and get ready. There's some clothes in the closet." 

"That's insane!" I exclaimed. "We just got here!"

"No, we got here two days ago."

"AND I JUST WOKE UP NOW?!" I screamed in shock.

"Yeah, your body really needed to recuperate so you slept longer than anticipated." He explained.

"No wonder my stomach is growling for food." I patted my empty belly. "This needs food if I'm gonna pay off my debt."

"There's the kitchen." He pointed to the other room. "Help yourself."

"Gee, what a gentleman." I sarcastically sang with a fake smile. 

"But a gentleman doesn't keep a girl prisoner to pay off her debt after he bought her." I mumbled under my breath as I went into the kitchen.

"I HEARD THAT!" He yelled after me.

"It was meant to be heard!" I poked my head out of the corner and growled at him.

"Keep that attitude up and I'll keep you longer." He threatened.

"I'm so fed up with men!" I shouted and stomped into the living room to confront him. "All you do is order women around, abuse us, hurt us and threaten us to make us feel like we need to depend on men in order to survive. WE DON'T! We don't need to put up with your sh*t, we don't need any of you in our lives!" 

By the time I was done I was breathless. I took in a deep breath and waited for his response. There was none. He actually looked quite amused, like it was a joke to entertain him.

"ARGH!" I screamed in frustration. "I quit! I honestly don't give one single sh*t anymore!" And I stormed out of the room into the kitchen.

I honestly can't believe that men rule this world. They're so dense!

"Well, I better eat before I starve. God knows how long I might survive with that man." I mumbled to myself and began rummaging through the cabinets. I stumbled upon one of my favorites...PANCAKES! I took out the mix and began gathering my ingredients.

I heated my pan, mixed my batter and held my spatula. I poured some batter onto the pan, waited a few seconds and flipped the yummy cake. After making quite a lot - I used the entire box - I sat down with my plate filled with pancakes and I poured the sweet syrup on. It dripped down onto each pancake making it the perfect pancake to syrup ratio.

"That looks good." Hunter said as he entered the kitchen. I looked away as I was still angry. "Can't I have some?"

"There some in the plate over there." I told him coldly and began to feast upon my delicious pancakes.

"Thanks sweetheart." He patted my head and left the kitchen with the rest of the pancakes.

"Thanks sweetheart." I mimicked as he left.

I have to find a phone to call my dad.

I quickly ate all my pancakes and began to search the kitchen. There was none. I then went into the living room where Hunter was. I walked around slowly, searching and scanning.

"Looking for something?" He asked in a suspicious tone.

"No!" I shook my head. "Just gonna head up to take a shower."

I went upstairs and looked in the first bedroom...none. Then I went to the second room...none. Then to the storage closet...still none. So I decided to go back into the room I was sleeping in, I looked everywhere, even under the bed but no phone! I decided to take a shower, I really needed one.

So I took a shower, but not an enjoyable one. My cuts and bruises made it hard for me to move around freely or even let the water fall on me. So I quickly got out from there and headed into the room. There, inside the closet were many outfits, most were dresses but the rest were jeans - which I was thankful for. So I chose the jeans with a hoodie and some comfortable shoes. My arms ached whenever I raised them too high for a long time, so I didn't tie my hair. I gave up on finding a phone and went downstairs to behold Hunter...he was talking on a phone! He hung up and noticed my excessive staring.

"Something wrong?" He asked.

"You have a phone." I pointed out. He laughed.

"Yeah, you're not getting this." He said and put the phone in his back pocket.

"I didn't want it."I scoffed with a fake laugh.

I NEED IT!!

"Good. Are you ready?" I nodded. He picked up a briefcase and pointed towards the suitcase. "Carry that outside and into the car."

Is he fricking serious?

I took a breath and held onto the handle. I pulled with all the energy I had and finally got it outside. Now all I need to do was to put it into the car...Sh*t. I held onto the sides of the suitcase and prepped myself for the weight...okay 1...2...3...HELL NO!

I'm just gonna leave this here...he'll take care of it.

I whistled and walked into the house. Hunter was gathering some files that were on the coffee table and neatly placing in his bag. 

"Is the suitcase in the car?" He asked without sparing me a glance.

"Well...it's near the inside of the car." I told him with a sweet smile. He glared at me.

"I told you put it INSIDE the car!" He shouted harshly and approached me.

"Well, I'm told you that I'm not a servant!" I tiptoed to meet his eyes.

"Joslynn." He said in a low, threatening tone.

"How do you know my name?" I asked him in surprise and confusion. "I never told you."

"I lied." He smiled evilly.

Lied? About what?

"I know your father, he's my biggest competitor. Ever since I saw you in that I knew you were his daughter, my spies in his company told me about you." He came closer and filled in the gap between us.

"If you don't cooperate, I'll make sure you never see the light of day again." I gulped and shrunk as he towered over me. I nodded. He smiled proudly and continued to pack up.

"Get that suitcase in the car. NOW!" I obeyed.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

Things turned dark pretty quick...

So I hope you enjoyed that chapter and don't forget to vote and leave a comment expressing all your craziness/thoughts/opinions.

Bye! Love ya Weirdos!!!💝