♠️09♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️ 

When I awoke from my dreamland I kept my eyes closed, the surface at the side of me was a bit firm but comforting. I stretched my arms and clung onto the surface, it was solid...big and solid. I pulled the solid closer to me, it was heavy but I used all my might and pulled and pulled. It didn't budge. So instead of pulling it towards me, I pushed myself into it, no matter how close I was I wanted to closer. The space between me and the solid disappeared, feeling dissatisfied I climbed onto the solid. I positioned myself like a lazy cat on the sofa, my arms sprawled in different directions and rested my head on the surface when I heard a soft hum. I blinked open my eyes in a second to realize I was on top Hunter. I squealed and fell off him onto the floor. A roar of laughter echoed in the room.

"That was fun to watch!" He laughed as I frowned on the floor.

"It's not funny!" I pouted and folded my arms in anger. I was so embarrassed that my face turned red.

"Yes it is." He corrected me. I was angry.

"I'm the one who's suppose to be angry, I was violated." He told me and jumped out of the bed. He held out a hand towards me, I took the hand and he hoisted me onto my feet.

"You know I'm late because of you, right?" I didn't look at him.

"Then you should've left without me."

"Honey, you were all over me last night. I swear this is the first time I slept with a woman that violated me so much!" He said and was heading out the door.

"Yeah right." I scoffed under my breath.  

"Heard that!" He yelled from the hall. I bit my tongue.

✴️✴️✴️✴️

I adjusted my skirt as I quickly walked into Hunter's office with a few papers in my arms. I barged into his office hurriedly and almost flung the papers on him. After I sped out of the office and went to the Finance Department to get the annual report, then to the Research Department then I had to go the dry cleaners and made other errands for him. By mid day I was as tired as dog, I collapsed on the sofa in Hunter's office while he was in a meeting. I rested my head back and closed my eyes while I caught my breath.

"Busy schedule?" Daisy walked into the office with a bottle of water. She handed it to me and sat next to me.

"I'm exhausted!" I wheezed out. She laughed.

"Yep, being Hunter's assistant isn't easy." She told me.

"I know." I responded, still trying my best to fill my lungs with oxygen. "Now I see why his other assistant quit."

"His other assistant didn't quit, she died." My eyes widened in shock, Daisy sat as if it were no big deal. It didn't affect her in any way, she could care less.

"How?" I managed to speak.

"She was in labor, died as soon as her baby was born. Her body couldn't bear the pain." Daisy explained. "That was two years ago, Hunter hadn't hired another assistant since then but somehow he hired you. Why?"

I gulped.

She shouldn't know.

"I don't know, he just hired me." I lied to her with a small smile.

"You don't need to lie to me." She assured. "Hunter and I are close, he'll eventually tell me even if you don't." Her tone started to sound like she was taunting me.

"It's nothing like what you're thinking." I tried to assure her as I quickly stood from the sofa and walked to the other side of the office.

"What am I thinking?" She questioned and followed my steps, she came next to me and folded her arms across her chest with an evil smirk.

"I don't know." I walked away from her. 

"You owe him, don't you?" It was a question, it was a fact.

"Maybe, but I don't want to talk about it." I told her. She laughed as if she won an award.

"I knew it!" She cheered. "He would never hire someone like you just 'cause he wants to. Hunter has a reason for all his actions, even if he pisses there's a reason behind it. When he brought you here the first day I knew something was up. There's no way in hell he can like you better than me!"

Proud much b*tch?!

"Why can't I, Daisy?" His voice entered the room and we both froze in our spots. His voice always made you shiver, it was just so cold and deep (and not in the good way).

She nervously smiled and faced him, pushing out her chest and approaching him seductively, she came close to him and was about to place her hand on his chest. He caught her hand as it neared him and glared into her eyes, he was really pissed off.

"May I remind you Daisy that I am not close with anyone. Not you or Joslynn, and as for your opinions you should keep them to yourself or I will make you shove them up your a$$!" Daisy grew quiet and terrified, she nodded and he let go of her hand harshly.

"Sorry sir, it'll never happen again." She lowered her head and hurried out of the office. Hunter fixed his blazer and walked towards me.

"Don't you think that was a bit much?" I asked him with a soft voice. 

"I don't think so, and why are you associating with Daisy?" He questioned with an irritated tone.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow. "Isn't she like your girl-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" He almost roared. I shrunk in fright. "I don't have any kind of personal relations. Daisy just fulfilled my needs. That's all!"

"Needs?" I innocently asked, although I knew very well what he meant.

"Yes. Needs." He repeated. "It was a long time ago and it was only once."

"So she just brags about it to feel special?" He nodded. "Let me guess, she's an attention seeker."

"Exactly." He sat at his desk. "Now instead of sitting here and gossiping like two teenage girls, shall we get back to work?"

"Yes of course!" I quickly ran out of the office to finish the list of errands Hunter gave to me.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

Joslynn: Needs?

Kate: Yes. Needs.

Joslynn: A lil' too much info.

Kate: Nah...

Joslynn: Okay...SOMEONE GET ME THE HOLY WATER!

So I hope you enjoyed that chapter and don't forget to vote and leave a comment expressing all your craziness/thoughts/opinions.

Bye! Love ya Weirdos!!!💝