♠️16♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️  
A Few Days Later

I held the phone at my ear with trembling hands. I was in Hunter's room, after a few hours of contemplating I had finally decided to call my family. Hunter encouraged me and so I decided I would. So I was now in the room, I dialed my dad's number and waited for him to pick up. 

What am I gonna say?

What is he gonna say?

Should I tell him about Hunter? But is he gonna kill or thank Hunter? Why am I so confused?!

OH GOD HORMONES ARE KILLING ME RIGHT NOW!

"Hello?" A familiar voice answered and pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Um...Um..-"My brain went blank and I temporarily forgot how to speak.

"Who is this?!" The voice demanded.

OH GOD! IT'S DAD'S VOICE! YAY!

"Um..well..I-"

"Listen if this is a prank-"

"DAD!" I shouted excitedly into the phone. There was a long pause and then a laugh.

"Joslynn?" He sounded shocked and relieved. "Is that really you?!"

"It's me..." I assured him as my hormones made me emotional. Tears were already forming and it took all my will power to fight back the tears.

"Oh my god!" He sounded extremely elated and I heard him call everyone in the house. "I can't believe it's actually you! Are you alright? Where are you? I've missed you so much! Tell me where you are!"

"What is it, Johnathon?" I heard Sophie's voice over the phone and I became even more overwhelmed.

"It's Joslynn!" He told her, I heard her gasp followed by a strange noise which sounded like she snatched the phone away from him.

"Jossy, honey?!" Sophie was clearly crying, her sobs drowned out her words.

"Yeah, I'm here." I smiled, and realized I started to cry.

"Jossy, I've missed you! Where are you?" She asked with urgency in her voice.

"I'm in New York." I told her.

"NEW YORK?!" She screamed into the phone. "How are you in New York?"

"She's in New York?!" I heard my dad ask in the background.

"Well, Joe kinda sold me to a man who wanted to sell me as a slave. But then this really nice guy bought me and helped me through my problems. He saved my life!" I turned to pace the room but noticed Hunter standing at the door, a smile on his face. I smiled at him and continued with my conversation.

"And does this hero have a name?" She asked.

"Hunter." I smiled as I said his name. "Hunter Santoni."

"Hunter Santoni?" My dad asked out loud. "Isn't he a competitor?"

"He is but he's also very nice and has helped me with many problems." I explained to my dad after he took the phone from Sophie. "I've been depressed since Joe kidnapped and I was experiencing horrible nightmares. Once it was so bad I almost killed myself."

"Are you okay though?!" He asked in panic.

"I'm fine but if it wasn't for Hunter, I probably would've been dead." I gave Hunter a grateful smile. 

"Well, I am extremely grateful towards him." My dad truly sounded relieved and happy. "Are you coming back home?"

I became silent for a moment, thinking it over in my head.