♠️06♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️    

I looked at myself in the mirror, inspecting myself for the first day of work. I wore a blue blouse, black slacks, and a black cardigan. I tied my hair in a ponytail and wore a black heels. I applied some foundation, a little blush and red lipstick, I found a watch and placed it on. I stepped away from the mirror and did a full body check. I fixed my clothes and nodded my head in approval of the outfit. I sprayed perfume in the air and let it fall on my body.

At least I can look good, right?

I exited my room to find Hunter dressed and waiting for me outside the door. He dressed in a light blue button down shirt, grey slacks and a grey blazer, he also wore he black dress shoes. He styled his hair to perfection and wore an intoxicating cologne.

"Don't you look nice today?" He complimented but with a bit of sarcasm. I didn't fire back an insult, I stayed quiet and replied with a smile.

"Thank you. You look dashing yourself." I complimented.

"Complimenting the boss will get you everywhere." He chuckled slightly. I looked to see amusement and a bit of humor dancing in his eyes. They darkened after seconds, returning to their normal cold color hiding all emotion.

So he can laugh.

"Let's go." He said and walked off before I said another word. I followed him, trying to keep up with his fast pace.

"Slow down, will you?" I mumbled, I kept my eyes on the floor and followed like an obedient puppy.

✴️✴️✴️✴️ 

"We're here." Hunter announced as he parked in his reserved parking spot in the underground parking garage. As soon as we drove onto the compound, my head looked up at the gigantic building in front of us, the building that belonged to Hunter. I still think that he doesn't deserve these riches, after all he's a heartless, cold bastard. Yes, he may be nice AT TIMES but that's not his true personality. He got out first, I took in a breath and opened my door.

"Hurry up, we haven't got all day!" He ordered as he waited impatiently.

"I'm coming, sir." I said the last word with a bit of venom in my voice.

"Watch your tone!" He pointed a threatening finger in my face. I rolled my eyes as he turned his back. We took the elevator directly to the top floor where his office was located. As the doors opened, we met with his secretary and a couple of workers.

"Good morning, sir." The secretary greeted with a little too much niceness. The other workers muttered 'good morning' with their eyes lowered.

"Good morning, Daisy." Hunter returned a greeting to 'Daisy'.

Something is definitely up with both of them.

"Who's this?" Daisy asked, eyeing me cautiously. 

"My new personal assistant." He answered her. By this time the other workers had scattered and went to their desks.

"I didn't know you needed a personal assistant, I could've filled in." She said sweetly, batting her eyelashes and leaning closer to him.

Don't throw up. Don't throw up. Don't throw up.

"You're already my secretary, that's all you need to be for now." He told her and walked away.

"Nice to meet you." She told me with a forced smile.

"You too." I smiled back and followed Hunter. He headed towards his office, I was still trying to keep up with his quick pace, he abruptly stopped in front of his office door causing me to crash into his strong, sturdy back.

"Ow." I stumbled back a little but caught myself before I fell.

"Can't you walk properly?!" He asked in an annoyed tone, his looked down at me with intimidating eyes. I shrunk away from his towering figure and stared at his cold eyes.

"Sorry, you just stopped so abruptly I didn't have time to react." I told him with a soft voice. He opened the door and pushed me inside, he came in after and locked the door behind him. He approached me with threatening steps, I backed up until I hit a wall.

"Listen, you're working for me now. I don't tolerate mistakes, tardiness or any nonsense at all, you can cry, whine, or even get a paper cut but you will work until I tell you otherwise. You will obey all my orders without any arguments, exactly how I want them to be and when I want them to be done." He stepped back a little and turned his back away from me. The anger inside me just burst at that moment.

"You are such a d*ck!" I spat out. He froze in his steps and faced me once again. "I told you the day I met you to let me go but you didn't listen. You should've killed me when you bought me, I never wanted to work for you or even be near you!"

I took in a deep breath. 

"I just wanted a normal life, that's all I asked for." Tears built up within me. "Instead I was so unfortunate, a simple life was too difficult for me. All I got was torture, pain...heartbreak! The only few moments of happiness I had were always tarnished by some unruly memory from my past. I finally found my true family, great friends, a chance of love but all that was swiped away from me in a blink of an eye!"

Something didn't feel right. My body felt weak.

"And here you are!" I pointed a finger in his face. "Rich and wealthy businessman such as yourself can't handle a little competition that you had to buy your competitor's daughter!" Tears flowed from my eyes.

"Stop yelling, you don't look too well." He warned, but his voice held a hint of compassion. 

"Don't tell me what to do!" I screamed at him. "I rather die in this very spot than spend many more months with a cold, manipulative, d*ick wad such as yourself!" I spat in his face. We stood staring at each other, hatred was evident in our eyes. I breathed heavily as my eyes closed, I opened them and I realized I was weak. My body began to fall and my eyes slowly closed, all my energy disappeared as I fell into big, muscular arms.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

Here's another chapter for my lovely weirdos. I'm sure you're wondering why I make her faint at the strangest times but it's all because of a reason (that I myself have no idea what it is. LOL)

So I hope you enjoyed that chapter and don't forget to vote and leave a comment expressing all your craziness/thoughts/opinions.

Bye! Love ya Weirdos!!!💝